PDA

View Full Version : Newbie To Using Buckets This Year

joewad
06-29-2020, 05:04 PM
Couldn't find the chains I wanted this year so I'm using buckets for the first time. Ten (10) racks of 12 guns for 2.5" salutes with NO delay. I've done it with "plain" quick match before just not the buckets. Anyone with tidbits or gotchas to post appreciated.

Hoosierhick
06-29-2020, 08:37 PM
They go together pretty easy . We just use zip ties on them.

joewad
06-29-2020, 10:10 PM
They go together pretty easy . We just use zip ties on them.

Do you have to cut any of the blackmatch lead off of the shell or just trim back some of it to affix to bucket?

PyroJoeNEPA
06-30-2020, 07:46 AM
If you have time & want less debris after the shoot you can trim back the quick match leaders to desired length and trim 1/2" of the paper off the QM on the shells to install in the bucket---then tie or zip tie.
Trimming really isn't necessary, though--just tuck the extra QM in the tube--it burns up pretty good----only benefit of trimming is cleanup.
Light =er=up!!!!

PyroKing31
06-30-2020, 10:24 AM
I googled and came up with squat. What is a bucket in the Pyro world?

PyroJoeNEPA
06-30-2020, 04:06 PM
I googled and came up with squat. What is a bucket in the Pyro world?

A bucket is a paper tube used to connect pieces od Quick Match together--either in chains, delay chains, or to "splice more than one "string" of shells to the next. Easilly made by rolling a small piece of Kraft paper on a dowel and sealing with paper glue stick---or, do like most of us do--use dime wrappers. Penny wrappers are just a little too big for my personal choice.

Hoosierhick
06-30-2020, 05:52 PM
We just take the Quick match cover off fold the fuse in half give it a twist & stick it in the bucket. Just look in you bucket cup & sure you stick it in next to the fuse in the bucket.