PDA

View Full Version : Possible info?

HGS01
06-28-2020, 08:20 PM
I have been a shooter for pyrotecnico for many many years now.. just never really wanted to expand until now.. i would love to get my type 54 license as i would love to purchase some 3 and 4 inch shells and shoot them in my hometown from time to time.. the question i have is how far would i have to drive to purchase some 1.3 product from where i live at? if its over 6 hours away it would not be worth the time and drive to get my type 54 permit? i live in WAYCROSS GA any help would be appreciated

Delloman
06-28-2020, 08:35 PM
I live in Atlanta I have the same question I figured I would be driving to Nite Lites or Casabellas there is bound to be a Display operator in Atlanta i just have not found them yet

HGS01
06-28-2020, 08:44 PM
yea i have reached out to my local rep for pyrotecnico and asked him if i had my license would pyrotecnico sell to me but no response yet
he is in south carolina and about 6 hours away.. i have drove to the magazine and office many times to pick up shows and equipment for company time but never on my own

displayfireworks1
06-28-2020, 08:54 PM
I made some announcements earlier this year that J & M Displays was looking to train and hire part time pyro-technicians in that entire southern region of United States including Georgia. The representative in that area said they help people get ATF licensed and will sell them fireworks if they want to do a show for their family. I keep trying to get fireworks enthusiast to think about all of this in April.
There is so much business potential selling 1.3 fireworks in some areas of the country. all you need is a farm type piece of property and some shipping containers. Some states have just display companies and no one selling just the product. That entire southern region of United States has so much potential.

HGS01
06-28-2020, 09:08 PM
yea i know brother.. i have been shooting 1.3g for pyrotecnico for over 15 years.. i could have kicked myself in the tail for not getting my license to buy and shoot stuff on my own until now.. i know from experience in the field there is so much more power in even a 2.5 inch shell compared to a 1.4g 1.75 inch shell not to mention the 5 and 6 inch shells and bigger

displayfireworks1
06-28-2020, 09:24 PM
I recommend fireworks enthusiast do both ie, work for a professional display company and get your own license to shoot your own friends and family displays.

HGS01
06-28-2020, 09:50 PM
i purchased your dvd plan over a year ago and never done it... i am going to go thru with it this following year so i can purchase 1.3 and maybe invest into a small magazine for storage so i dont have to shoot product time i buy it if i meet the requirements for storage.. mainly feet requirements

Delloman
06-28-2020, 10:26 PM
Ya getting property is on my list I am hoping I may have found a place for contingency but will not know till after the 4th

Arclight
06-28-2020, 11:41 PM
FYI, you don't have to own the land. Just find a relative or friend with some property outside of town and get them to sign a simple lease agreement that says something like "In exchange for $500/year or equivalent services, lessee may use property located at XXX to store, prepare test and sell explosive articles." When the ATF inspects your magazine, they just want to make sure you have permission and legal access to the property.

HGS01
06-29-2020, 08:10 PM
i have been thinking about using a modified job box for a indoor type 4 magazine for 1.3g up to 50 pounds of weight... just line the inside with liquid nail and plywood
i have heard that there is no minimum distance requirement for such type of magazine as long as its in a enclosed building but my main question is this... can the building have power in it ? and things of that nature? i have one shop behind my house and it has power in it... and i have access to another building on my mom and dads property that i could use that has no power in it just would like to use my shop if i could

HGS01
06-29-2020, 08:12 PM
try pyrotecnicos website.. i believe they have a n office in atlanta or near it