PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northeast Florida

Purplehaze
06-28-2020, 01:43 PM
I'm originally from Long Island. I grew up enjoying fireworks as a kid in the late 60's and 70's. As they were illegal on LI when I was a kid, my Dad would procure them from a buddy at work. Later I could find my own supply in school or from friends. I miss the old school "made in Macau" brands. On the 5th of July my older brother and I would get up at dawn and ride our bikes all over town to collect labels, duds, or anything unspent ! I still have a small collection of vintage packs and various labels. He still has the main label collection lol. Living in NE Florida most all fireworks are legal. I mostly enjoy mortars, rockets, and 500 gram cakes !

Zippster
06-30-2020, 10:54 AM
Welcome, I am newly located to central east florida and not missing the winters back in NY. Going to miss doing my show this year though.

minute_man777
06-30-2020, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the forum, I've lived in the Volusia county/central Florida area all my life, Florida is definitely a hot spot for pyros.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2020, 05:46 AM
Welcome from Tampa! Going to be nice to shoot a show legally for once thanks to our new Governor and legislature. Hope you have a safe 4th up there!

Birdman
07-01-2020, 01:55 PM
On the 5th of July my older brother and I would get up at dawn and ride our bikes all over town to collect labels, duds, or anything unspent !

Welcome to the forum. My older brother and I would do the same thing in the 80's. We didn't live in a legal state but my neighbor sold fireworks out of his basement so the neighborhood would be littered with stuff after the 4th. We mostly looked for duds so we could try and either get them to light or try and make something else out of them. I was mostly interested in gathering up the parachutes to tie on my army men.