PDA

View Full Version : Weather watch

Mississippipyro
06-28-2020, 11:20 AM
I know it?s 6 days out still, but how?s your weather looking for the 4th?

Northern Mississippi:
As if this morning hot as hell 80% chance of rain, trying not to panic lol.

joed2323
06-28-2020, 11:45 AM
I know it?s 6 days out still, but how?s your weather looking for the 4th?

Northern Mississippi:
As if this morning hot as hell 80% chance of rain, trying not to panic lol.

Don't sweat it yet. 8 days out, alot can change in that amount of time for the better!

I know there is alot of guys that have no backup dates/rain out dates

With july 4th falling on a weekend this year, a person could shoot on Friday or Saturday. Gives you more flexibility to plan around the weather

Too much product has be lost over the years with rain taking over the shoot site! plan accordingly

Robbro097
06-28-2020, 12:22 PM
Im hoping for some rain on the 4th its been a bit on the dry side so i got a cpl more 2.5gal extinguishers and im in process of getting a cpl 300 gallon totes and a pump to spray down area right b4 show time. Im prepping all my fireworks and stuff to get wet ao no worries there.

PyroGyro
06-28-2020, 12:31 PM
I recently shot a show and monitored the weather 5 days leading up to it, twice a day. It went from 20% chance of rain to 0% chance of rain 3 times over those 5 days. I got lucky and there was zero rain, but man was this a reminder of how hard it can be to predict the weather. Bottom line is you won't really know what the weather is going to be until the day before, if not the day of.

psilynt
06-28-2020, 08:46 PM
IMO you shouldnt trust a forecast more than about 72 hours out. You can get a very vague sense of what might happen beyond 72 hours but it's very likely to change. For me, if its calling for rain by end of day July 1 I'll be considering alternative plans.

displayfireworks1
06-28-2020, 09:09 PM
At this point I'm feeling really good about the weather for all of us. With all of the professional displays cancelled or rescheduled, 2020 is the year for the backyard fireworks enthusiast to shine. I have nothing but positive vibes on the weather for July 4th.

ajmikola
06-28-2020, 10:53 PM
At this point I'm feeling really good about the weather for all of us. With all of the professional displays cancelled or rescheduled, 2020 is the year for the backyard fireworks enthusiast to shine. I have nothing but positive vibes on the weather for July 4th.

I can dig that!

BeerGuyEd
06-30-2020, 03:43 PM
Standard summer weather forecast here in Georgia. 88 degrees very humid and it will thunderstorm in the afternoon and then return to being hot and humid.

DavidthePyro
06-30-2020, 03:57 PM
I live about 10 minutes from American Fireworks. Here in Summit County, Ohio we are are surrounded on the east and West by valleys (cuyahoga Valley and Ohio Valley). We are fortunate to sit high enough that, whether it comes from the north, South, or west, many storms dissipate as they approach us, or just go around the area entirely. The problem is the amount of notice you have before a storm actually hits, so we have a TON of false alarms in the forecast(80-90% of the precipitation forecasts are false alarms) I work outside, and I spend all my time outside, except sleeping. At work they call me the rain maker because of how I aggregate radar data and reference memory. I watch a lot of weather patterns to keep my crews working and not soaked. I always tell people, weather or life in general "control what you can to the extent you give others the illusion you're in control of that which you arent" weather here isn't predictable until you're within a few hours. So i always plan for rain and it usually never does, regardless of forecast, even the day of

Icooclast
06-30-2020, 04:24 PM
I live about 10 minutes from American Fireworks. Here in Summit County, Ohio we are are surrounded on the east and West by valleys (cuyahoga Valley and Ohio Valley). We are fortunate to sit high enough that, whether it comes from the north, South, or west, many storms dissipate as they approach us, or just go around the area entirely. The problem is the amount of notice you have before a storm actually hits, so we have a TON of false alarms in the forecast(80-90% of the precipitation forecasts are false alarms) I work outside, and I spend all my time outside, except sleeping. At work they call me the rain maker because of how I aggregate radar data and reference memory. I watch a lot of weather patterns to keep my crews working and not soaked. I always tell people, weather or life in general "control what you can to the extent you give others the illusion you're in control of that which you arent" weather here isn't predictable until you're within a few hours. So i always plan for rain and it usually never does, regardless of forecast, even the day of

i'm in the Ohio valley, and i know what you mean. we are pretty lucky compared to most areas of the world when it comes to weather. but we still get those surprise storms where it's looking nice above, then all of a sudden it gets really dark and pours for 5-15 min. and stops for the sun to return. but generally we're lucky. hopefully we don't jinx it, lol.

DavidthePyro
06-30-2020, 04:28 PM
My display is out in huntsburg/middlefield this year, hoping that the weather is just as dry out there as it is here

Icooclast
06-30-2020, 05:19 PM
My display is out in huntsburg/middlefield this year, hoping that the weather is just as dry out there as it is here

stupid question: wouldn't that not be a good thing? (dry weather, i mean) or is it sarcastic, meaning it's been raining? it's so hard to tell sarcasm and such over the internet

DavidthePyro
06-30-2020, 07:50 PM
Yeah, i shoot in a field on a 600 acre farm, its still soaked right now, and the hay was all cut and bailed 2 weeks ago, so the rain has been plenty to prevent anything. The field stays pretty wet until about September every year. The closest structures and forestry is about 300 ft from my shoot site, upwind. My clearance from the viewers is about 500ft. I can always soak the fields and soak down all the structures to be safe too though.

Icooclast
06-30-2020, 10:45 PM
Yeah, i shoot in a field on a 600 acre farm, its still soaked right now, and the hay was all cut and bailed 2 weeks ago, so the rain has been plenty to prevent anything. The field stays pretty wet until about September every year. The closest structures and forestry is about 300 ft from my shoot site, upwind. My clearance from the viewers is about 500ft. I can always soak the fields and soak down all the structures to be safe too though.

that sounds like a pain, though. let's hope all goes well.