PDA

View Full Version : What size tube inside diameter just under 1.5?

upNdown
06-27-2020, 01:13 PM
It?s probably too late to order anything anyway, but what size tube am I supposed to use for these shells, if I could order something? There?s no way they?d go in my DR11 tubes, though I suppose I could try putting a lot of tape on them.

The tube they came with is 8.5 inches high And just under 1.5? interior diameter

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5073&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5073&stc=1

Birdman
06-27-2020, 01:28 PM
I would try DR9 tubes (interior diameter of 1.81).

upNdown
06-27-2020, 03:34 PM
I just ran out and grabbed 1.5 inch PCV, cut it to length and plugged the bottoms with cement. These tubes might actually drop right into my DR11's for safety. If not, I figure I can wrap the PVC in duct tape and that should keep everything safe,, in the unlikely event of a disaster. These are just for some single shots this year and will be tossed afterward.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-28-2020, 06:23 AM
PVC.... Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea......

jknepp1954
06-28-2020, 08:21 AM
I just ran out and grabbed 1.5 inch PCV, cut it to length and plugged the bottoms with cement. These tubes might actually drop right into my DR11's for safety. If not, I figure I can wrap the PVC in duct tape and that should keep everything safe,, in the unlikely event of a disaster. These are just for some single shots this year and will be tossed afterward.
DUDE - VERY BAD IDEA. IF THE FAIL - THEN YOU HAVE SHARDS OF PVC FLYING EVERYWHERE! :rolleyes:

upNdown
06-28-2020, 09:10 AM
DUDE - VERY BAD IDEA. IF THE FAIL - THEN YOU HAVE SHARDS OF PVC FLYING EVERYWHERE! :rolleyes:

PVC.... Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea......

So you guys don't think that wrapping PVC tubes in duct tape would prevent shards?
I think it would, but I don't know. I've never heard of anybody doing it, but it seems like a good idea (if one must use PVC)

patsy
06-28-2020, 09:57 AM
Hi,
If I were you and since its too late to order. I would reccommend holding off shooting those shells and store them in a safe dry place for next time. That will give you sometime to find the right tubes to fit those shells. You want your show to be as safe as possible. Wrapping the shells in tape to make them bigger might cause the shell to either flower pot in the tube or change the way the shell would break at the apex. Stick with tubes and racks that are built by a notable company or someone with experience. If you want to build your own tube rack their are plenty knowledgable people on this forum who would be happy to give you plans and advise on how to accomplish that. Stay safe and enjoy!!!

upNdown
06-28-2020, 10:24 AM
I'm gonna start a new topic because I think my question is getting lost