PDA

View Full Version : DR17 2" for Consumer Shells?

Maksim
06-26-2020, 03:59 AM
Hey guys,

Been lurking on the forum for years but finally registered as I think I screwed up. lol.

Building out some racks and I think in a hurry, I bought the wrong tubes... I bought 15" Dr17 tubes, 2" ID vs DR11s... One site says they are not for consumer but for display fireworks...

Do I go and try to return these OR are they okay to to use with shells? or with some modification?

I realize the backpressure would be quite a bit less....

Thanks!

BeerGuyEd
06-26-2020, 07:45 AM
The best choice is of course to get the proper sized tubes. If you can not get proper sized tubes what I have done in the past is put some duct tape around the shells to increase the diameter of the shell. I have done that with ball shells that were not up to the 1.75" tubes I have. It worked fine.

displayfireworks1
06-26-2020, 07:28 PM
If those mortars are 2 in get your ATF license and buy some 2 in shells. It looks like you live in Pennsylvania. Test fire some canister artillery shells out of the 2 in pipe to see what happens. I believe in the past I shot canister shells out of 2 in pipe . If they will accept the return just get the correct size.

Maksim
06-26-2020, 09:22 PM
If those mortars are 2 in get your ATF license and buy some 2 in shells. It looks like you live in Pennsylvania. Test fire some canister artillery shells out of the 2 in pipe to see what happens. I believe in the past I shot canister shells out of 2 in pipe . If they will accept the return just get the correct size.

hehe, Thanks.

Yes, that will be the plan for next year. Fortunately I reached out to them and was able to exchange them for DR11 tubes... so all good. Did order 50 from another place, so may possibly come by the 4th? Now to build out the racks.
Next year though will get my license.

ttam23
06-27-2020, 06:28 AM
you would of gotten low brakes if you used the dr17