PDA

View Full Version : Loud mortar with no colors

Silverline
06-25-2020, 07:52 AM
Last year I was at a party and someone had some sort of mortar that would shoot off into the air, and give off a loud thunderous boom but emit no colors. It was considerably louder than your standard fireworks mortars. I haven't been able to find anything like that. Any idea what it was or what it's called so I can try and find them? It almost sounded like an M80 that shoots up in the air.
Thanks!

PyroGyro
06-25-2020, 08:25 AM
They are called Salutes and they aren't consumer level fireworks. There are some consumer Salutes that are fairly loud but they really don't give you a "thunderous boom" that a real Salute does. Tannerite Air burst comes to mind, but even then these are considered 1.4 Pro and may require some sort of license or certification to get.

Silverline
06-25-2020, 09:03 AM
Thank you! After doing some research on "salutes" I believe you are describing what I'm looking for. Now to try and actually find them.

They are called Salutes and they aren't consumer level fireworks. There are some consumer Salutes that are fairly loud but they really don't give you a "thunderous boom" that a real Salute does. Tannerite Air burst comes to mind, but even then these are considered 1.4 Pro and may require some sort of license or certification to get.

psilynt
06-25-2020, 11:30 AM
Might have been a Tannerite M100 or M25. Those are all noise and no color.

CafreakinBOOM
06-26-2020, 02:24 PM
Did you know that TANNERITE SIEGE CANNON ARTILLERY is available for everyone.

They are L*** and have a huge spread.

I called TANNERITE and they told me I could get them at a local FIREWORKS stand
In Vancouver Washington called MeanGene.
I can’t wait to get them.

ttam23
06-27-2020, 06:02 AM
also the mortar is the tube and the firework is called a shell.

hatsgoods
06-29-2020, 12:01 AM
there are no 1.4g consumer salutes. any salute are 1.3G or 1.1G and you need a federal lesinse and permit to use and buy for a reason

Mattp
06-29-2020, 10:24 PM
The closest thing you can “legally” find for what your talking about .. would be a flashing thunder Roman candle ...I haven’t bought them in a long time so they may possibly be illegal now too I’m not sure ... but sure were fun for what they were ... but no where near as powerful as a salute