PDA

View Full Version : Elevated fountains

Mississippipyro
06-24-2020, 07:59 AM
Hi All-
I always have several 500g fountains in my show, this year I have built a Fountain tree elevated 6’ (pics to follow). Anyone else have some creative way you use fountains?

Mississippipyro
06-24-2020, 09:38 AM
This is it 6’ http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5044&stc=1

PyroJoeNEPA
06-24-2020, 09:50 AM
Speaker tripods with a removable top plate work very well. Extremely stable & easy to transport.

Arclight
06-24-2020, 12:34 PM
An upside-down trashcan works well. They make the consumer fountains we have here look a LOT better.

jamisonlm3
06-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Is elevating fountains on some kind of stand the only solution? Can fountains be mounted upside down and still burn correctly?

Mississippipyro
06-24-2020, 04:35 PM
Is elevating fountains on some kind of stand the only solution? Can fountains be mounted upside down and still burn correctly?
I’ve mounted them upside down, the smaller cone fountains.

displayfireworks1
06-24-2020, 07:10 PM
Elevating fountain is a great idea. From a distance I bet it looks magical like something burning in mid-air. Something that comes to mind is, having too many fountain that close may illuminate the frame work too much and people will see too much of how it is done. I could be wrong but was just thinking that.

Arclight
06-24-2020, 07:56 PM
The sparks also fall a lot farther than when they are on the ground.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-25-2020, 08:42 AM

Yes and No----fountains make a "slag" when they are burning and can cause the nozzle to block up if they are upside downthereby causing the fountain to blow up. Having said that, it basically depends on the fountain. Try one and see how it works for you.
Many people use the cone fountains for "pusher motors" to turn pin wheel effect pieces, and have strung them in a line upside down to make a waterfall effect. If you want to do the waterfall, though, and have access to 1.4gPro I would suggest purchasing gerbs instead.

morrison2951
06-25-2020, 09:01 AM
Think this might be cool.... broke down and bought some fountains. Rarely use any fountains in my shows.

Will use some fiberglas tubes fanned out and attached to a board and elevated on a table. Put in TNT Short Stack fountains that hit pretty hard for their small size. 5049

esgrillo
06-25-2020, 10:18 AM
I have to elevate all my fountains and other smaller special effects like strobes, flame pots, etc... so they are at least in line of site with the audience, my shoot site is about 5 ft below grade. This is about the only thing I make "boards" for in advance. I have 5 elevated platforms that I pre-make with a slat on each pole. I prewire all the pole "units" and then on set up day just connect the slat cables to all 5. One 36m fires all of them. This pic shows them in place before the the rest of the show set up took place....