PDA

View Full Version : platnum excailber?

Icooclast
06-20-2020, 06:52 PM
i was looking over some fireworks sites and came across these on one of them:

http://bigdaddyksfireworksoutlet.com/product/excalibur-platinum/

has anyone ever had them? how are they compared to other shells/5" shells? how are they compared to regular excals?

jamisonlm3
06-20-2020, 07:42 PM
From what I've seen, they're basically similar to other shells on the market with Nishiki and lace effects. One video of them showed the labels and how there might even be color changing effects too. If you see them in store, ignore what's on the back of the box because it's the same as excals. I'd say they're easily better than excals, but they are a bit more expensive.

Jay_
06-20-2020, 08:42 PM
I cut one up and weighed it. 6 grams of lift, 46 grams of stars and burst (52g total).

For comparison, i cut up a 2018 excal 4" (plastic top). It had 9 grams of lift and 38 grams of starts and burst (47g total).

I was really surprised that the platinum had such a small amount of lift charge in them (6g). Most decent 5" cans have around 11g of lift in them. I assume that they want it breaking closer to the ground to make it look bigger than what it is.

I am not a fan of the platinum's.

AxeElf
06-20-2020, 10:48 PM
I cut one up and weighed it. 6 grams of lift, 46 grams of stars and burst (52g total).

I was really surprised that the platinum had such a small amount of lift charge in them (6g). Most decent 5" cans have around 11g of lift in them. I assume that they want it breaking closer to the ground to make it look bigger than what it is.

The small lift charge does two things--allows them to put more weight into the stars and burst, AND allows it to burst closer to the ground. They are probably therefore pretty large breaks to begin with, and they probably look huge because they're bursting a little lower than normal.

Theoretically, anyway. Don't think I've seen one.

Big Worm
06-21-2020, 09:16 AM

For comparison, i cut up a 2018 excal 4" (plastic top). It had 9 grams of lift and 38 grams of starts and burst (47g total).

I am not a fan of the platinum's.

6g of lift is not much! I guess they want the break to look bigger 50ft closer to the ground. haha I saw some in action and was not impressed.

hatsgoods
06-21-2020, 07:37 PM
ONLY DIFFRECT IS THE PLATINUM IS 5 INCHES LONG WHEN THE OLD REGULARS ARE 4 INCH. 4 inch vs. 5 inch is 5 inch might mave 2 or less grams of comp in them but still will not go over 60 grams. so they are to me the same thing and im not paying more a new label when its the same thing.

jamisonlm3
06-21-2020, 10:00 PM
ONLY DIFFRECT IS THE PLATINUM IS 5 INCHES LONG WHEN THE OLD REGULARS ARE 4 INCH. 4 inch vs. 5 inch is 5 inch might mave 2 or less grams of comp in them but still will not go over 60 grams. so they are to me the same thing and im not paying more a new label when its the same thing.Who told you they are the same thing? I highly doubt that. I have noticed the effects on the back of the box is the same for both. My guess is they rushed to get them to market, got lazy or even forgot to change them.