PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Year Yet For Consumer Fireworks?

chetubet
06-19-2020, 09:22 PM
Can we say this is the greatest year yet for consumer fireworks? If you live in a large city, you especially know what I mean. Every night for last couple weeks has been constant fireworks from 6pm-12pm.... and I love it!

Robbro097
06-19-2020, 09:48 PM
They started in my town a week or 2 before memorial day. I hear some as i type this lol

FinnAmerican
06-19-2020, 09:52 PM
I'm hearing them right now as I type also. Hopefully they don't get into trouble, $1,000 fine in Michigan. But I love hearing them.

Fox One
06-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Rioters with fireworks (mortars seem to be popular) and cops with tear gas, pepper balls and flash bang grenades. It is like an adult version of the games we played as kids with BB guns and roman candles. LOL. Gotta admit I am a bit glad to not be living anywhere close to a large urban area right now with all the unrest going on.

pyroboom
06-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Given 7/4 is on Saturday, many public shows cancelled and people want out of the house... this is a major reason to have fireworks this year. I've never seen anything like it and I"m turning away orders daily. My guess for Friday 7/3.... is going to be like Black Friday at firework stores! Hope the stores are ready!

Mattp
06-19-2020, 11:17 PM
The last 2 weeks has been like 4th of July every night.. and yes they are illegal here and will normally get shut down immediately on any day other then the 4th ... I haven’t done any myself but am sure loving seeing and hearing them all over

chetubet
06-20-2020, 12:21 AM
Given 7/4 is on Saturday, many public shows cancelled and people want out of the house... this is a major reason to have fireworks this year. I've never seen anything like it and I"m turning away orders daily. My guess for Friday 7/3.... is going to be like Black Friday at firework stores! Hope the stores are ready!

I got an order of 25 tubes I'm still waiting on ya for... haha. Hope to get em next week.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-20-2020, 05:07 AM
Haven't heard so much as a single firecracker going off down here yet. It's really kind of weird actually. Usually there's always some knucklehead shooting something at 2am. It might be like some have said that since there's no officially sponsored city shows, everyone is hoarding fireworks and waiting for the 4th to get here. I dunno. What I DO know is I'm all ready! Can't wait to smell me some smoke again!

Delloman
06-20-2020, 05:33 PM
My show is not till the 11th so I told pyroboom to ship it after the 4th to help people that need it for the 4th so you have a little better chance to get it sooner ;)

Mississippipyro
06-20-2020, 06:31 PM
It’s very hard to sit on a truck load of Fireworks and waiting for the 4th, but I’m trying lol.

Delloman
06-20-2020, 11:43 PM
your telling me.. waiting till the 11th is so hard having a small shoot on the 4th abd have shot off a small number already

PyroManiacs
06-21-2020, 12:58 AM
Still hearing them at 1am here right now.

minute_man777
06-21-2020, 01:29 AM
Been hearing a little bit of fireworks going off in my area, saw some in the distance going over the bridge on my way to work last night. My neighborhood is going to sound like a war zone on the 4th. People are definitely stocking up, the fireworks store I shop at was already selling out of some items last weekend.

Birdman
06-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Yesterday there was a local new report about the increased amount of fireworks heard every night. They interviewed managers at the 3 local stores and all 3 said sales were way up. The report also didn't feed the complainers and was rather positive. I noticed that many more people are shooting nicer stuff than past years. Seeing lots of cakes and bigger shells. Usually it's all bottle rockets, firecrackers and roman candles. I've also noticed a lighter than usual police presence in my part of town. That might be due to the downtown restaurant and bar scene opening back up and the crowds that has drawn there.

jsifue2
06-21-2020, 12:11 PM
Fireworks became legal to sell in my town yesterday, so naturally I heard the first few go off last night. They are not legal to shoot until the 1st.

patsy
06-21-2020, 01:07 PM
I think its great!! I live in NJ and since unexploding safe and sane ground based fountains and novelties have been legalized people are still driving to Pa to get ariels etc. Since the virus hit graduations and celebrations canceled or postponed. People are now able to have small parties which involves the setting of fireworks. Love to here them randomly throughout the neighborhood. Wish they get on board with P.A. and legalize everything. All Consumer fireworks should be legalized outside of cities.

AxeElf
06-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Firework Sales Booming in Missouri as Coronavirus Cancels 4th of July Shows (https://fox4kc.com/news/firework-sales-booming-in-missouri-as-coronavirus-cancels-4th-of-july-shows/)

rfgonzo
06-22-2020, 12:43 AM
I was at a local retail firework store yesterday and there was two women easily in their late 70's early 80's with a cart buying a bunch of 200g cakes. I didn't ask any questions but I would assume they weren't typical buyers. Good for them

Rick_In_Tampa
06-22-2020, 12:51 AM
Lol... That's beautiful!! Maybe they're putting on a show for their retirement home. God love em. I hope they have a blast and no one gets hurt.

Robbro097
06-22-2020, 02:31 PM
I occasionally have a work friend or some? ask me where to get best deal on fireworks but iv had so many ppl this year friends friends of friends everybody wants fireworks (im telling them bout buying wholesale and sending them to sponsers sites and make sure to stabilize) a common reason im hearing is ppl have canceled vacations they've planned and instead are spending large portions of that on fireworks

Mattp
06-23-2020, 10:21 PM
Saw on the news they?re setting up task forces all over to crack down on all the fireworks.. and fireworks complaints they?ve been seeing

Rick_In_Tampa
06-24-2020, 05:32 AM
Molon Labe

PyroKing31
06-24-2020, 07:22 AM
Molon Labe

Moron Labia

Mississippipyro
06-24-2020, 09:52 AM
So far in my area no complaints on the local Nextdoor or the HOA Facebook, but fireworks have been going off for about a week.

mikepete777
06-24-2020, 10:23 AM
The nightly displays have been great around the city, a few neighbors up the street have been shooting a few cakes a night. May have to take a look at trying out cakes for a hit and run tactic to not get caught.

displayfireworks1
06-24-2020, 07:12 PM
My wife said she something on the news about that hit and run. LOL She said they were saying by the time the police show up no one is there.

hatsgoods
06-28-2020, 11:16 PM
I think its great!! I live in NJ and since unexploding safe and sane ground based fountains and novelties have been legalized people are still driving to Pa to get ariels etc. Since the virus hit graduations and celebrations canceled or postponed. People are now able to have small parties which involves the setting of fireworks. Love to here them randomly throughout the neighborhood. Wish they get on board with P.A. and legalize everything. All Consumer fireworks should be legalized outside of cities.

i used to live in Gloucester county about 20 mins away from Philly airport. i was only 10 min drive from commodore Barry bridge. where are at? im in Wisconsin now to help my mom out as she aint getting any younger.

patsy
06-29-2020, 07:19 AM
Hi Kelli,
I now live in Essex County NJ.
Consumer fireworks have going off like crazy for about a month now never really witnessed anything like it before.
Since the covid 19 virus restrictions are slowly lifting in the state. People are have been having lots of small backyard parties. Lots of Fireworks shows cancelled.
They are doing drive in type firework shows. Some shows at certain beaches will resume on and around the 4th as well providing wearing a mask and social distancing.
Im sticking to fountains and smaller items this year due to my cousins 4th of July party being cancelled he lives in PA right on the NJ border we have been going there for years and thats where we put on a small consumer show Since now being retired working for a pro company. I just dont have the clearence where I live to shoot any shells etc.
Hope all is well stay safe and have a great 4th.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-30-2020, 05:26 AM
Moron Labia

You're not calling me what I think you're calling me, are you?

PyroKing31
06-30-2020, 10:21 AM
You're not calling me what I think you're calling me, are you?

Not in the slightest

I know the translation and appreciate its history. Unfortunately for a lot of people Molon Labe has been bastardized by "Grunt Culture" and cringelords who washed out of the Military, and 3% idiots. So anytime I see the phrase I usually chuckle and say the phrase "Moron Labia" because its funny. But it has lost a lot of its "Weight" with tons of people using it without understanding where it came from. I realize not everyone has the same thoughts when they see the phrase.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2020, 06:17 AM
Fair enough. I agree with your assessment by the way.