PDA

View Full Version : Being multiple places at once

kokopyro
06-19-2020, 12:23 PM
Any suggestions? I had two shows booked, one on July 3rd and the other on July 4th. The lady who asked me to shoot the show on the 3rd is now begging me to shoot one on July 4th as well. The problem is my first show won?t end until 2210 and she wants me to shoot at 2300 (15 minute drive). The first show of the night is zapping all of my manpower and equipment.

How do you all manage to do multiple shows a day? Should I rely more on cakes? Fire from a trailer? I need help. Thank you!

displayfireworks1
06-19-2020, 02:20 PM
Are you in the fireworks display business? Or are you selling fireworks displays?

kokopyro
06-19-2020, 02:38 PM
I’ve been in the display business 3 years now. I usually only do 2-3 shows in an entire year. After the show I shot last 4th of July I’ve had people calling almost non stop to get me to shoot me for them, so it’s been a first come first serve kind of deal because we’re still small. Honestly I wouldn’t have even entertained the idea of shooting two shows in a day, but she’s a friend of mine and end a pinch to make something happen. So now I’m trying to move mountains to make it happen. I feel overwhelmed.

Fortunately both of her displays are going to be relatively small, reflecting the budget. We’re shooting for 8 minute identical shows on the 3rd and 4th. My thought process is fire a couple of 1.3 cakes to keep a nice flow about it, fire 2.5” and 3” shells from a trailer, and call it a day. It’s the logistics that are getting the best of me right now because it doesn’t allow much prep time (because mortar racks are being used at the show an hour before).

Scotty Rockets
06-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Careful, it is situations like these that can cause lapses in safety, my recommendation don’t bite off more than you safely can chew. You may want to explore adding another lead and crew.

displayfireworks1
06-19-2020, 04:24 PM
kokopyro please check your private messages.