PDA

View Full Version : Poking a fan cake found something not seen before.

Birdman
06-19-2020, 09:34 AM
This is the first year I'm wiring each row of fan cakes so I can fire them separately at my own timing. On all of my fan cakes but one a single fuse was used to "jump" from one tube to the next in the series. I just cut the fuses linking each row. On the other cake it was fused as the others but also had another fuse that wrapped around the tubes and the fuses between tubes. I suspect this may just be a "backup" fuse that burns slower. Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to take pictures and I have the cake all taped up and don't want to undoing my work.

I'll know tomorrow if it fires as expected but if anyone has seen this before or knows what the result will be it would great to know beforehand.

Birdman
06-21-2020, 12:31 PM
In case anyone has the same question I figured I'd follow up and report the cake fired as expected.

BTW...The cake is Wizard AHHHS from Phantom. I know I know...Phantom boo but I I love this cake and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. If anyone knows of a rewrap please let me know. I love the mines. I'm going to look for a 1.4 pro fan slice with a similar mine affect so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would save me some time and be much appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0kkmoKWpSk

Mattp
06-22-2020, 10:22 PM
That was a really nice cake... they do have good products... just pricey... not sure about the fuse thing you mentioned ... but sure looks like it fired properly!!