PDA

View Full Version : Setup time?

Mississippipyro
06-18-2020, 08:38 PM
Hello Pyros-
I?m having a difficult time estimating the amount of time I need to give myself for on the field setup work. I have 6 people to help me place everything in the field, I think we can get that part done in 2 hours but I only have myself for the connection work. My question is, based on this video how long do you guys estimate it would take run and connect the wires? I?m using three 72m Cobra mods and have 30 series runs, I figure those will take the most time.

https://youtu.be/r8-lNDpJa24

Rick_In_Tampa
06-20-2020, 05:52 AM
Need more info! If you have 30 series runs that are already wired together and just need to be plugged into the 72M's, then it sounds like you have 2.5 too many 72M's! If you need to wire 300 effects together and then wire them into the 72M's, then that's a considerable amount of setup time. How many effects per run? How many per 72M? How many stations? 3? Are you staking and taping the effects to the ground? Are they already glued down to boards? Are you wrapping them in plastic to protect against rain? See what I'm saying?

If you're flying solo after the product gets put in place, depending on how much prep-work you do, it could be a very long day for you. I had a similar experience 2 years ago with a 6 hour rain delay, and it took me 14 hours to set up the show. Last year I glued everything down to boards and it took us 4 hours. This year I glued and pre-wired all the cakes again, but I have a ton of comets and slices and flame effects I can't wire until the day of. So I'm hoping I can be done in 4-6 hours. I always plan to start at 9am and shoot at 9pm. Two years ago it wasn't enough time. Last year I had time to shower and eat dinner before the show! I'm hoping for a repeat of last year this year.

Mississippipyro
06-20-2020, 07:46 AM
Thanks Rick,
The most items on a series run is 9 most are 3-5 items. Everything is wired and glued to boards just need to run wire between the 9 positions. I have maybe 80 effects to wire day of (mines and slices and other 1.4pro items. As far as total items, I’m using all the cues from three 72ms plus the extra items from series runs so some place around 500 total items. I’m planning for 9 hours field time.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-21-2020, 04:26 AM
9 hours sounds like plenty of time.