PDA

View Full Version : Pyromusical Playlists

AxeElf
06-17-2020, 07:39 PM
What are some interesting songs you have found to go well with fireworks?

I'm not talking about the standard, obvious ones, like "Star Spangled Banner" and "America the Beautiful"; I'm interested to hear and to share the ones that are a little more obscure. Here are some that I've used with success. I typically don't use the full song; I'll edit together a verse and a couple of choruses in most cases and then cobble together a medley.

Let's Get It Started - The Black-Eyed Peas
Firecracker - Josh Turner
Thunder - Imagine Dragons
Oh Yeah - Yello
Foreplay - Boston
Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Light My Fire - The Doors
Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
Krakatoa/Hallelujah Chorus - Styx
Eruption - Van Halen
Fire On High - ELO
I Love America - Alice Cooper
Unbelievable - EMF
Right Here, Right Now - Fatboy Slim
Firestorm - Far Too Loud
Heaven's On Fire - KISS
Cum On Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot
My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy
Burnin' For You - Blue Oyster Cult
Also Sprach Zarathustra - Strauss (2001 Soundtrack)
Exosuit - Really Slow Motion & Epic North
Pink Houses - John Mellencamp
Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
Bang - Raveonettes

And the Mariano Rivera of all fireworks show closers... The Greatest Show, by Panic! At The Disco.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19oLf47k-hv10GDv-yspctZjq2EUlJln6/view?usp=sharing

rfgonzo
06-17-2020, 08:52 PM
Thunderstruck - AC DC
Courtesy of the red white and blue - Toby Keith
We will rock you - Queen
Ride of the valkyries - Richard Wagner
Ode to joy - Beethoven
God bless the USA - Lee Greenwood

AxeElf
06-17-2020, 10:33 PM
Thunderstruck - AC DC
Courtesy of the red white and blue - Toby Keith
We will rock you - Queen
Ride of the valkyries - Richard Wagner
Ode to joy - Beethoven
God bless the USA - Lee Greenwood

I've done Ride of the Valkyries before, but I didn't impress myself I guess. Ode to Joy is a good one though. I wouldn't have recognized it by the name, but I looked it up and I recognize it by the tune.

Berserker23
06-17-2020, 11:05 PM
Here’s my playlist for this year Air raid siren
Queen- We Will Rock You
Ray Charles- America the beautiful
Beastie boys- fight for your right
Aaron Lewis- Country Boy
AC/DC- Rock and Roll Ain?t Noise Pollution
Metallica- For Whom The Bell Tolls S&M
I also like to retire the songs every year so I don’t use the same ones

Birdman
06-18-2020, 12:33 PM
I'm using Thunderstruck which is sort of a 4th anthem at our family picnic. A few years back the younger ones use to play a drinking game to that song. Then I'm slowing it down with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by The Beatles which leads into the finale. I have the finale firing as my soundtrack is ending because I certain the pyro heavy portions of the show will drown out the music with the speaker I'm using anyway.

This past weekend I started wiring all of my cakes at my site and ran my first test script with my cobra. I used Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull for my first test of running a script. I hurried this one together last minute just as a test (it seemed a good fit for the cakes I was using in my test) but I think I may use this song again sometime.

This weekend I'm redoing a small show I did last Halloween that didn't go so well using my Chinese system. I want a second crack at it with my cobra. That show is set to Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden.

So far, next 4th, I plan to use Orinoco Flow by Enya as my opener and I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister. Thinking I'll add in a patriotic song too.

AxeElf
06-18-2020, 07:34 PM
I used Locomotive Breath by Jethro Tull for my first test of running a script.

Love the song, but I can't really envision it working that well with fireworks. Maybe the "no way to slow down" part...

I like the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds idea though... would be good with a bunch of strobe cakes for the diamonds. I did something similar once with cases of Just Hanging, Snow Blind, Patriotism and Wild Factor to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond."

Rick_In_Tampa
06-20-2020, 06:15 AM
This year I'm using Thunderstruck by AC/DC, Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue, Rock and Roll Band by Boston, and a Patriotic March by John Phillip Sousa.

I did "Frozen" last year for my granddaughter and I thought it turned out really well. There are some effects out there that work great with that song. A number of years ago I used Fuel by Metallica. That song lends itself great to pyro. I also used the Toby Keith song Courtesy of the red white and blue that year. I'm thinking about revisiting that whole lineup next year.

Birdman
06-20-2020, 10:59 AM
Love the song, but I can't really envision it working that well with fireworks. Maybe the "no way to slow down" part...

I like the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds idea though... would be good with a bunch of strobe cakes for the diamonds. I did something similar once with cases of Just Hanging, Snow Blind, Patriotism and Wild Factor to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond."

It was just a test and the cakes I had around for it reminded me of trains. The main thing I was testing was timing a canister shell to hit right after the intro. LSD I went with crackle because its so common in cakes. I took the easy way out....strobes would be better.

Maksim
06-26-2020, 04:28 AM

Lucy in the sky with diamonds is one of the songs am doing this year... lots of greens and cakes with glitter effects. Just hanging works perfect with it.

Maksim
06-26-2020, 04:30 AM
The song I would love to do is Nightwish- Ghost Love Score... but 10 mins long and way above my skill level... next year. =P

Scotty Rockets
06-26-2020, 05:01 AM
It’s all a personal taste... that being said the most recent song is https://youtu.be/S9k0Ofub9Zk for an all gold section.