PDA

View Full Version : Small shell distance

tmwjr
06-15-2020, 11:16 PM
I'm helping out with a show for a fundraiser in a few weeks. It's a small budget. It's a narrow and long shoot site. There will be 72 3s, 72 4s, and 96 62mm. The finale will be all 3s and 4s.

I was hoping to donate some 1.4 pro cakes I have stored away (12 shot and 10 shot cakes) to stretch it out a bit and put some larger shells over the top of them. I believe they are 2 inches, I'm not sure if that's ID or OD...I've never measured. The audience will be anywhere from 450' to 1000' away. Is it pointless to add the smaller bore cakes? The view is straight on. I was thinking of shooting them two at a time.

Tom

Mattp
06-17-2020, 10:55 PM
In my opinion.. as long as you have the distance.. and can safely do it all .. then go for it!! You can also play with the heights visually by moving the smaller ones a little closer to the audience... as long as the distance is still there

tmwjr
06-18-2020, 07:56 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. Unfortunately there is a road and parking that prevent me from getting closer. I'm going to throw them in there and be happy with there being some additional effects in the air.