PDA

View Full Version : 3 inch salute rewrap?

Amaturepyro
06-14-2020, 05:59 PM
Hello Pyro?s... First off I?m still new to the 1.3 products So bare mind that I may not have the right terminology or vocab. 😂....but I recently acquired some 3? salutes with the blue perchlorate quickmatch on them....before loading them in the gun, I noticed that something felt like it was rolling around inside the shell. I shook side to side very lightly and it felt like there was a smaller size shell inside there. My question is do they or could someone have wrapped a smaller salute into a 3? shell?? I don?t know if these salutes come in 2.5? or 2?. I kno they make cylinder type salutes...would or could someone wrap a 1.75? in a 3??? ....I dunno 🤷*♂️ I ask again to cause I really don?t want to waste a shell by cutting it open just to appease my curiosity.
Thanks guys

displayfireworks1
06-14-2020, 08:31 PM
I have a video somewhere of exactly that I just cant find it. The video had someone from outside of US opening a large display to find a smaller display shell surrounded by rice hulls. Can you post a picture of that shell? I don't know if I ever saw a display shell out of China with a blue quick match leader.

PyroKing31
06-15-2020, 06:36 AM
I have a video somewhere of exactly that I just cant find it. The video had someone from outside of US opening a large display to find a smaller display shell surrounded by rice hulls. Can you post a picture of that shell? I don't know if I ever saw a display shell out of China with a blue quick match leader.

My Yung feng shells have blue QM leaders

displayfireworks1
06-15-2020, 07:50 PM
My Yung feng shells have blue QM leaders

See if they are using that dam perchlorate fuse. If so I would be disappointed in Young Feng. I may be confusing that blue and red perchlorate quick match with a different color blue used on some shells.

Amaturepyro
06-15-2020, 09:50 PM
Hey Dave. Thanks for the response. Yes, I would love to post a pic or two of the shell. I’m just not sure how to do that on here?? Do I extract it from my phone library?? And paste it. Please just give me a pointer on how to and get the pic up here so y’all can see it. Again, I don’t want to waste a shell for nothing...oh and btw too, is that Blue perchlorate Match supposed to be violent when it hits?? There was almost an small initial explosion when it hit the match then left the gun...
Thanks

displayfireworks1
06-15-2020, 10:37 PM
I have a sticky thread under the Miscellaneous section of pyrotalk that explains how to post pictures and video. Here is the link
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?7941-How-to-post-video-and-pictures-on-pyrotalk-com

Amaturepyro
06-19-2020, 06:45 PM
50355036. This is one of them

Amaturepyro
06-19-2020, 06:46 PM
Dave. I got a couple pics up. Best I can do. Let me kno ur opinion on it...

RalphieJ
06-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Some ball salute shells are made with a plastic bag of flash inside, this could be what you are hearing.