PDA

View Full Version : Where in Youngstown, OH can I do fireworks?

greg1968
06-13-2020, 12:36 PM
Phantom fireworks is headquartered in Youngstown, OH. Where can I do fireworks in this area?

DavidthePyro
06-13-2020, 12:42 PM
Technically, just over the border in PA is your best bet. I would avoid the purple demon prices... paritcularly if youre going to a retail outlet.. During the 4th in Ohio, many local authorities concentrate their enforcement efforts on egregious offenders, but it is illegal to shoot in Ohio. This may change once the house bill passes through the senate. It looks like it will hurt mom and pop stores so its an area of bittersweet taste in hobbyists mouths.

Icooclast
06-13-2020, 12:59 PM
well, www.wfboom.com has a youngstown location, if i am reading this correctly. just go to their address and click on the contacts tab. they are located in Ohio. make sure to go look at their coupons they have buy 1 get 2 free on some days.

if you decide to go to PA just remember that the taxes on the good stuff (cakes, artillery, firecracks, etc.) is 18% and plan that for your budget. that is not the store's tax mind you, it's the state's and it's anywhere you were to go in PA. always factor that in. at least it's legal in PA to light them now, not sure what you have to do, though. and to be honest, i might be a grandfather when Ohio puts theirs through (no kids yet, either. so, just say'n) the bill gets brought up and drug out more than one can imagine, and nothing seems to get anywhere. almost like they argue it and then it stalls, then they just go back to the beginning every year

Pyro Llama
06-13-2020, 04:41 PM
Wholesale Fireworks (wfboom.com) has two locations in the Youngstown area. Our main store is in Hubbard and we also have a store in Niles.

DavidthePyro
06-13-2020, 04:43 PM
Ohhhhh, I thought he meant shooting them off, WFBoom all the way, great prices, selection, incredible service

greg1968
06-15-2020, 06:14 PM
Phantom fireworks is headquartered in Youngstown, OH. Where can I do fireworks in this area?

Sorry for not being more clear. Where can I light fireworks off? I would like to have an address or specific directions please.

DavidthePyro
06-15-2020, 06:27 PM
Not in Ohio. I cant speak for everyone, but I wouldn't willingly give you advice on how to conduct illegal activity on a forum where these things are basically documented.

displayfireworks1
06-15-2020, 07:46 PM
This sounds like an under 18 years of age question.