PDA

View Full Version : Lidu 2" salute chains

PyroKing31
06-10-2020, 07:07 AM
Planning for next year already and I have a massive amount of Dr11 tubes and while I do utilize them for a lot of consumer cans in my shows I want to add some more bang.

Can anyone verify the Diameter of the Lidu salute chains that Fireart sells, I am hoping they fit inside the 1.91 ID of the pipes. They are listed as 2"

Thanks!

hatsgoods
06-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Planning for next year already and I have a massive amount of Dr11 tubes and while I do utilize them for a lot of consumer cans in my shows I want to add some more bang.

Can anyone verify the Diameter of the Lidu salute chains that Fireart sells, I am hoping they fit inside the 1.91 ID of the pipes. They are listed as 2"

Thanks!

yes for the lidu chain shells labeled 2 inch you need 2 inch as they will not fit into a dr11 - 1.75 inch pipe. fireart does has 1.75 inch shells and has them in chains also. i only know cuz i brought some at AL's open shoot one year and they did not fit in my dr11 racks.

hatsgoods
06-10-2020, 12:59 PM

Thanks!

AL normally has racks for sale and sometimes used racks. ive never heard of him having / selling 2 inch racks but he does sell 2 in fiberglass mortars that you can get and build the wooden frames for.

joewad
06-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Lidu's Blue Thunder salutes hit pretty hard. Or road trip to Lynch for their oversized canister salutes that fit a DR11 tube, they hit very hard.

PyroKing31
06-10-2020, 07:16 PM
Lidu's Blue Thunder salutes hit pretty hard. Or road trip to Lynch for their oversized canister salutes that fit a DR11 tube, they hit very hard.

Yea I saw the canister ones Lynch has on a PyroNation video which is what got me thinking this direction. I have some canister salutes that fit in the "other" category and they are impressively loud.

A Road trip to Indiana might be needed next year. Its only 9 hours one way... Haha

Kelli, Thanks for knowing they don't fit. I'll stick to the guns I own. Trying to not have too many different sizes just yet.

joewad
06-10-2020, 10:18 PM
Yea I saw the canister ones Lynch has on a PyroNation video which is what got me thinking this direction. I have some canister salutes that fit in the "other" category and they are impressively loud.

A Road trip to Indiana might be needed next year. Its only 9 hours one way... Haha

Kelli, Thanks for knowing they don't fit. I'll stick to the guns I own. Trying to not have too many different sizes just yet.

Displayfireworks1 video comparison of regular 1.75" ball salute and Lynch's "oversized" canister salutes that fit a DR-11 gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iqVNHii7ZY

Shoot Lynch an email. I know they make scheduled deliveries to the south but I don't know about east.

hatsgoods
06-11-2020, 01:05 PM

i found a old video that is Dave's and it has the 2 inch that you are talking about and he shows trying to fit a 2 inch in a regular dr11 aka 1.75 inch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ytkAjnEeeQ .

hatsgoods
06-11-2020, 01:14 PM

here is my video from the oct. 2015 fireaet open shoot. the first 30 seconds from the beging is the 2 inch lidu shells you are talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPru6_ULezw .

jamisonlm3
06-11-2020, 04:06 PM
I've always wondered about this. The 2" shells I've worked with were so small, I could've sworn they'd drop into a DR11 mortar. I guess looks can be deceiving.

Rocketshooter
06-11-2020, 04:44 PM
I built a number of 2" racks several years ago for these shells. They are great for a smaller shows to put some pop in your display.

RalphieJ
06-12-2020, 12:40 PM
After viewing Dave's video above, I didn't realize that those Lidu salutes were that small. The plant near me used to make their own salutes, the 3" were 3" x 3" and really thundered out. Their 2" day salutes were 2" x 4", and were very impressive in a "flash curtain", which were fast-fused during the finale that contained between 20 to 100, or even more, salutes! Made the babies cry for sure!

Mattp
06-17-2020, 10:51 PM
If it’s labeled as a 2” shell.. then it will not fit into a dr11 1.91” tube,, which appears to be almost the same exact thing as a 2” tube... but they’re not!!!

hatsgoods
06-18-2020, 01:22 AM
If it’s labeled as a 2” shell.. then it will not fit into a dr11 1.91” tube,, which appears to be almost the same exact thing as a 2” tube... but they’re not!!!

well with my knowledge of lidu being one of the only few best so called name brand of 1.3G fireworks lidu has never mislabeled their 1.3 stuff as i know when some 1,3 suppliers have labeled actual 2 inch like the lidu's we are talking about in this thread as 1.75 in or the : 2 INCH will fit snugly as a real 1.75 inch shell in a 1.76 inch pipe.