PDA

View Full Version : atf siezed fireworks in Massachusetts

Robbro097
06-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Looks like atf siezed consumer fireworks (phantom from what i seen in picture) no charges filed just took the fireworks and told her fireworks are illegal in the state. Iv just never heard of something like this happening so figured id share when i seen article
https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/federal-agents-seize-large-caches-of-fireworks-from-malden-home/2139618/

AxeElf
06-09-2020, 08:00 PM
That would really suck, but one would think that if you were going to try to get away with illegally storing fireworks for a few weeks before the 4th, you wouldn't call attention to yourself by shooting some of them off illegally. She probably didn't think it was much of a crime, but you just have to count on there being at least one grumpy spoilsport in every neighborhood.

Is it weird that it was the ATF and not the local police, or is it normal to call in the feds for suspected fireworks violations?

displayfireworks1
06-09-2020, 08:08 PM
That would really suck, but one would think that if you were going to try to get away with illegally storing fireworks for a few weeks before the 4th, you wouldn't call attention to yourself by shooting some of them off illegally. She probably didn't think it was much of a crime, but you just have to count on there being at least one grumpy spoilsport in every neighborhood.

Is it weird that it was the ATF and not the local police, or is it normal to call in the feds for suspected fireworks violations?

Yea I with you on this , for the ATF to be involved , its more than Consumer Fireworks. We will have to follow the story.

RalphieJ
06-09-2020, 08:59 PM
And what do you suppose will happen to those confiscated fireworks?

Robbro097
06-09-2020, 09:12 PM
It was the atf involvement that really threw me off.

jamisonlm3
06-09-2020, 09:19 PM
And what do you suppose will happen to those confiscated fireworks?They'll be destroyed.

RalphieJ
06-09-2020, 09:44 PM
They'll be destroyed.

When I was in the "holiday toy" business here in NY, one 4th we were invited to a friend's house who happened to be a lieutenant on our local police force. At dusk 2 squad cars showed up and each dropped off large bags filled with fireworks that had been confiscated during the day, cakes, crackers, rockets, candles, (after taking their favorites for themselves). Funny thing was it was stuff that I had sold during the past month. We had a good laugh about that.......so much for "being destroyed".

AxeElf
06-10-2020, 01:48 AM
Yea I with you on this , for the ATF to be involved , its more than Consumer Fireworks. We will have to follow the story.

I wonder if maybe crossing a state line with them (purchased in NH, confiscated in MA) makes it a federal offense...?

Still seems like a pretty severe response.

Robbro097
06-10-2020, 02:43 AM
Another news site says the warrant was for firearms and narcotics but by the sound of it the fireworks is what they came up w instead. https://patch.com/massachusetts/malden/feds-seize-stockpile-fireworks-malden

joewad
06-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Another news site says the warrant was for firearms and narcotics but by the sound of it the fireworks is what they came up w instead. https://patch.com/massachusetts/malden/feds-seize-stockpile-fireworks-malden

My gut feeling is that someone reported the firearms trying to elevate the issue knowing all along they were p!@#$% at the fireworks and that got the ATF involved

patsy
06-30-2020, 02:46 PM
Another issue to look out for is if they stockpiled those fireworks with the intent to sell them. In the pictures there were products from Phanton & TNT. Maybee they were in the process of dealing drugs, selling illegal firearms and fireworks.

Mattp
07-01-2020, 10:34 PM
read the first article and I thought it was crazy they would come at 6am with guns drawn for some consumer fireworks.. but after reading the 2nd article now that makes sense