PDA

View Full Version : Typical times of flight by diameter?

PennSteve
06-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've got a loaded question, to which I was sure I would be able to find several answers here on the forum or out on Google, but I've been trying and just can't find anything.

What I'm looking for: what are typical times of flight (from launch to boom) for each diameter shell? I ask because I'm scripting a finale and would like to synchronize Nishiki bursts from 3" up to 8". (Then once the oohs and aahs start, out comes the surprise salute! But that's beside the point.) Anyway, to do this, I'm not sure how long after the 8" to fire the 6", the 5", etc. down to 3". Can you help me?

If it's available, it'd be really interesting to see everything from 2" up to 16".

Yes, I realize that the actual time will depend on the shell, shell type, manufacturer, amount / type of fuse, position of the moon and what Dave has for breakfast on that particular day. I'm looking for a usable estimate. If the statistical distribution is all over the map, well, so be it. And yes, in the future I'm hoping to use my own data from previous firings of each specific shell to line this up.

Thank you

Robbro097
06-09-2020, 01:30 PM
This is for time fuse for shell building so prob pretty simular to commercial shells.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4998&stc=1

PennSteve
06-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Yep, that's just the sort of thing I'm looking for. Thank you!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Chart posted above is an excellent reference guide [plus or minus a half second].

Salutecake
06-18-2020, 05:07 PM
Thanks! Good Info!