PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kansas City

lifedoctor
06-09-2020, 11:50 AM
I appreciate Dave taking the time to educate online. Last year at this time (June 2019), I had bought a Firefly system in trying to upgrade my game. I had mixed results, so started searching again in November/December 2019. I came across DisplayFireworks1, which led me to this, that and the other. Today, I own a Cobra system with an 18R2, several 18M's and an Audiobox (all in). I have had a dress rehearsal for my first pyromusical (Memorial Day Weekend) and was ecstatic with the results. Planning my first show with Cobra and 76 product on July 3rd this year.

I ordered Dave's ATF DVD, and sent that in last week, so looking toward upping my game again. Joined KCAP pyro group this week in my area.

I have had a couple fails in one area--lighting a mortar rack with an igniter. I have been using the visco clip from MJG Technologies. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The match has been lighting every time--perhaps I have to be careful about lining the fuse up with the match? I have watched Dave's approach of using a penny roll, and stuffing it with quickmatch. Since I don't have access to QM, could I just use several pieces of fuse in the penny roll? Anyone have some experience with this?

Thanks, all! Thank you Dave!

PyroBo
06-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Hi, I don’t have an answer to your question but I’m sure someone will. I am also new to the forum and from KC.
I’ll have to check KCAP out. Good luck with getting those mortars lit.