PDA

View Full Version : 1.4g PRO storage

HuskerPyro
06-08-2020, 07:28 PM
Good afternoon everyone, first thing I would like to introduce myself, my name is Aaron and Ive been obsessed with fireworks since I was young. This has become a passion of mine and most recently I have procured my 54 license, so I could ?beef? up my backyard shows. I currently work in the nuclear business and we are in a refuel outage that?s lasting longer than expected (past July 4th) working 12 hours a day. I purchased some 1.4g Pro product having been thinking I was going to be off for it but looks like doom and gloom for me. So my question is this, is it okay for me to store my 1.4g Pro in the garage like I would normally store consumer equipment? Sorry if this is a double post but I?ve been searching for an answer on here and haven?t really found anything.
Stay safe everyone, and hope everyone has a good 4th!

displayfireworks1
06-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Those products are non ATF regulated. The way to think about long term storage is , if products can be stored overnight unattended for a day or two with any special requirements, chances are they can be stored in that same fashion for months. Remember fireworks season does not end July 4th. Particularly in Michigan, find another time later in July or August once your work schedule slows a bit.

Birdman
06-08-2020, 07:49 PM
As far as I'm aware 1.4 pro is no different than consumer 1.4g in how it can be stored and transported safely and illegally. The only real difference in the two is that pro needs to be properly braced etc before it can be fired safely. Theres more it than "light fuse and get away".

rfgonzo
06-08-2020, 09:22 PM
Pro can be stored the same as consumer, however I would be concerned with humidity in garage if stored for a long time in Michigan.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2020, 05:05 AM
I've had some cakes in my garage down here in the swamp for going on 3 years now. I'll dig one out and fire it off and let you know how it goes.

Two years ago I had 100 mortars not light during the finale. I put them in the garage and drug them out last year. Everything was still wired up with the paper fast-fuse. I didn't change a thing. Every shell fired.

So I wouldn't worry about it. Don't be a moron like me and wait 3 years to shoot them! But I don't think you're going to have any problems.