PDA

View Full Version : Free Fireworks Chemicals Houston Texas.

displayfireworks1
06-07-2020, 08:59 PM
Need a fireworks enthusiast to pick up around 8 to 10 lbs of fireworks chemicals location near Houston Texas. This is FREE to good home.
https://townmapsusa.com/images/maps/map_of_houston_tx.jpg

chris v
07-16-2020, 07:16 AM
Do you know what chemicals they have I am about 4 hours away

esgrillo
07-16-2020, 07:46 AM
I actually could add to that.... black powder supplies. Mostly potassium nitrate, sulfur, airfloat. Maybe 20 lbs? It's in a couple large boxes.

displayfireworks1
07-17-2020, 08:12 PM
Over the years these surplus fireworks chemicals are starting to become a problem. I helped transfer several chemical stockpiles. It usually occurs after I helped someone obtain an ATF Fireworks license and they realize its just easier and safer to just buy the stuff. I try to organize these chemical transfers within the ATF license community. I recall at one time the PGI community was up in arms that the government was cracking down on fireworks chemical sales. Now its the opposite, there are fireworks chemicals that no one wants.
Over the years the profile of the pyrotechnic enthusiast has changed. Years back we behaved like fireworks makers, with chemicals, screens, tubes. glue etc. Now, we behave more like display companies, with racks, electric match, choreography software, fireworks firing systems, ATF license etc. Some may argue differently, but for the most part fireworks chemicals are becoming obsolete. I heard from more than one person with a fireworks manufacturing license the ATF told them, they are basically tired of counting chemical inventory that just keeps sitting there every three years and is never used. They call me to sell it , sell it to who? No one wants it , the best I can do is help give it away to another ATF license person. 5 years from now we are going to need a national fireworks chemical take-back.

Astro
10-11-2020, 08:47 PM
Hello, im late to this thread but am en builder that lives in Houston. Are the supplies still available??