PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

jhenderson
06-06-2020, 09:48 PM
I've been a backyard fireworks enthusiast for several years now. Over the years, I've gradually upped my game. As of last year I was still doing best-effort timing with fuse and just playing music along with each display board. This year I'm stepping it up into a true pyromusical. I've invested in a Cobra firing system, Cobra Show Creator and Cobra Music Box. I've very excited and am having a blast just planning everything out. Special thanks to Dave for creating the AP certificate program and this awesome forum!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-06-2020, 11:46 PM
Welcome aboard J! You're going to love that Cobra system. Just do yourself a favor and dry fire your script a few times before the 4th!! Also get familiar with scrolling through the channels to look for continuity issues. I had a buddy help me set up my show last year, and somehow he managed to change the channel on one of the firing mods. If I didn't do a continuity check on each channel before I shot the show, I would have had an entire mod not fire.

Again, welcome aboard!

jhenderson
06-07-2020, 12:53 AM
Rick, thanks for the tip on continuity! So far I've just dry run a script without connecting any initiators. With sound and module addressing verified, I plan to do some various firing tests. Obviously I'd like to test the alignment to the audio track. It'll also be my first time stabbing cakes and shells with the MJG initiators and parallel wiring.

esgrillo
06-07-2020, 06:44 PM
What part of TX?

Rick_In_Tampa
06-08-2020, 03:18 AM
Cobra recommends 5 seconds of lead-in dead space to your song to get the audiobox to synch up with the script and the 18M's. As long as you have that, you should be good to go.

You're also lucky to have Esgrillo (Ed) as a neighbor! That man a a legend and my personal hero on here when it comes to pyro and Cobra gear. You'll want to add him as your first friend if you haven't already. ;)

Texan Gringos
06-14-2020, 07:31 AM
Hello and welcome!

jhenderson
06-15-2020, 08:24 PM
Ed, I'm up in Denton and a recent member of PAT as well.

Mississippipyro
06-15-2020, 10:38 PM
Hello and welcome. This will be my first year doing a pyro musical too, I also just got into the Cobra gear.