PDA

View Full Version : A question for 54 lisence holders.

Pyrojohnny1
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey guy's i hope i'm doing this on the right thread i don't want to anger anyone. my name is John i'm from Myrtle Beach S.C. recently i just ordered the DVD package from Dave to try to get my class 54 lisence. As i'm filling out the forms i've come to the storage part, now i don't have a magazine to store in so on the forms they want you to set up a contingencey plan so i wrote Dave and ask him how to go about doing this and he told me to call all the firework companies in my area and talk to them about it and i did (now here,s the problem) not one of these companies in my area new what a contingencey plan was and said that they don't do that when i explained what it was. So my question is, is there anyone out there who can help me and if you can't do you no someone who can. PLEASE HELP.
Thanks,
John

Pyro Nation
12-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, first off... I know maybe a dumb question, but are you talking to 1.3 distributors about the contingency plan? Most that I ran into all know what it is and offer it to people buying product from them. If they do not know what it is explain to them. If I buy product from you, would it be ok if for some reason i can use the product that day to bring it back and store with them until being used. You need a letter from them stating it for the app as you know. You can also try contacting any mining, demolition people around you being they use explosives and would need storage as well. There are others that have storage just need to check your area. Also consider joining a local pyro group. They can help with this as well as suggestions or may have there own

PyroJoeNEPA
12-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Another thing to try is to contact the local professional companies in your area that shoot displays. Explain to them that you are new in the business & would like to know if you could get contingency storage with them or also if you could rent a small area in one of their magazines. See if you can get work with them so you have some practical experience in the field. Don't be concerned about making "big bucks" to help with shows....it doesn't happen at the level you [or most of us] are at. Be glad for the training and mentoring if you can get it from a local company & do all you can to become a valuable asset to them.
Like Pyroliffic said, it is odd that the people you spoke to did not know about contingency storage--reading between the lines I think you might have been talking to 1.4g distributors? If that is the case, the magazine storage issues do not apply...only with 1.3g product. Good luck & keep us posted on your progress.

Pyrojohnny1
12-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey guy's thanks for your help, beleive it or not i did speak to 1.3 people i just probably spoke to the wrong one,s. I will keep tring and i,ll keep you posted.
Thanks

shellshocker
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
I know IPI is in Conway and would be shocked if they wouldn't provide contingency for you.

indianahx
12-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Keep in mind, if you're asking company "x" for contingency then you can't go and buy 1.3g from company "y" and then store it at company "x" facility.

It's like pyroliffic stated....when the atf wants you to have a contingency plan for storage, they want to know that if you buy a bunch of product that you are going to shoot it ALL or bring it back to an acceptable storage facility. That means a 1.3 distributor, a mining co, a friend with an approved magazine, ect. So just be sure that if your telling someone you'd like a letter of contingency that you're not stating that you're simply "using" them as a bunker. They are in business to make money and they do that buy offering you contingency if you spend money on them.

Also like stated, try a local pyro group but don't immediately join just to say "hi, I'm looking for storage...."

Good luck!

Pyrojohnny1
01-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Hey thanks for replying
shellshocker. Would you happen to have an email address or phone number for this company i'm looking all over online and can,t find this company.
Thanks

Pyro Nation
01-11-2012, 05:57 PM
it is one of the sponsors on the website...

Here is the link to them http://www.pyroimports.com/

shellshocker
01-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Let me know if you can't get a hold of them from the link above.

RisingComet
01-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat you're in.

I find it odd though. I'm in Fargo. Yeah... FARGO of all places, you know... the same shoot site that hosts the PGI Convention every couple years or so. And I'm STILL having trouble trying to find someone who would offer me a contingency plan. Even then, the local ATF doesn't often give out licenses to people who have contingency plans around here, you pretty much have to build and own your own magazine. Currently, there are some 30 license holders in the state, and they know them all by name. Perhaps if I move across the river into MN I might have a better chance. There IS a magazine out by the fairgrounds that I'm aware of, I just don't know the owner. I bet I could find a lot to rent, and park it there... not sure about the laws on that though.

In a couple months or so, we'll have a good 1.3 distributor in ND, but I'll digress. Hopefully my patience won't wear too thin by then...