PDA

View Full Version : 5" shells

pitts
06-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Was shopping at the fireworks store I frequent and the guy next to me was saying how all he wants is the 5" shells, I asked him, You know that's just a gimmick right? He says what do you mean? I explained it to him how 60grams is 60 grams no matter if its in a 4" shell or 5" shell and you would be just as happy and may not even notice the difference with the Pro Shells for $20 cheaper, I saw him the next weekend and he was buying more Pro Shells

Rocketshooter
06-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Much of selling fireworks is simply perception. It's 5", it's gotta be better than 4". No surprise that many purchase a cake or mortar kit simply because they thought that the wrapper was cool looking.

jamisonlm3
06-05-2020, 02:47 PM
You're correct, 60g is 60g. It doesn't matter how long the shell is. The truth is, a 4" shell has more than enough room for the full 60g. I worry that importers might be shorting 4" shells so they can sell their 5" and 6" shell to justify the price. I doubt they're actually doing that, but I still worry about it. There's alot of smoke and mirrors in the firweorks business.

Fulliautomatix
06-05-2020, 03:47 PM
... and those are actually pretty good shells, lol.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/bltkv.dzjsm/v/vspfiles/photos/RL151E-2.jpg

Fox One
06-19-2020, 09:09 PM
The vast majority of cans I buy often end up being Quest by Brothers and Exterminator by Megabanger. Both are 4 inch. These two brands of cans also are usually among the least expensive cans to purchase. Yet they perform really well. If you're mainly sky puking two or three hundred shells as a part of the finale, it really doesn't make much difference what you buy. Any of the 4 or 5 inch cans commonly available will get the job done. So I just buy the more affordable ones.