PDA

View Full Version : 2 things that good customers expect

Jay_
05-31-2020, 09:33 AM
I'm frustrated with a store local to me. The store carries the highest of high quality pyro, but its always such a chore to buy....much like car shopping.

To put things in perspective, i have spent several thousand dollars there in the last 6 months and think that things should be a little easier.

In hopes that a retailer that is not providing the best customer service will read this and hopefully take to heart the expectations of a good/loyal customer....here are my issues.

1. Be open. If your marquee outside, and your website says that you will be open certain hours...just be open those hours. I understand the season demand and reasons for not opening every single day. Just post your real hours and be open those hours.

2. Consistent pricing. I understand that as a retailer, you are in this to make money...that's just business and I want to support you. With that being said, when I come shop at your store I expect to get the same discount that you gave me last time within a reasonable time frame of my last purchase. What i don't want to do is haggle with you over every single price every single time, just to get the same price that i got a month ago on the same product. I cant budget on anything if I don't know how much it costs to begin with.

If stuff went up, just tell me that it went up. A simple "hey my cost on this stuff went up so i had to raise prices 5% across the board" is fine for me. Its about transparent communication.

Am I being unrealistic?

displayfireworks1
05-31-2020, 10:13 AM
First, thanks for not mentioning the name of the store. And yes you are absolutely correct in all you are saying. I suspect there is not much competition surrounding his location. This is why some of the larger budget fireworks buyers are placing their orders with distributors that ship to their location. You call and deal with the same sales person and they see you record of purchase etc. They are benefits to that for both parties.
I'm glad you posted this so people in the business can read it. Also, if the store you are referencing is one of my advertisers , please private message me.

Jay_
05-31-2020, 11:35 AM
Its none of the advertisers here, and I can say that the advertisers that i have bought from here have all been good to buy from. I get my wholesale primarily from American, and John David is a first class guy and nothing short of outstanding to deal with.

In the case of the local shop, you hit the nail on the head. There is not much competition on his big stuff until the tents go up and the stands open. There is only one other year round store within a 100 mile radius of where he is. Although I have never made any really large purchases there, i do enjoy shopping there and they treat me right. They just do not carry much top notch inventory in the months before or after the season.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-01-2020, 06:16 AM
My experience has shown that it's best to just be up front with the owner/sales person. Tell them what you want (or don't want!) and go from there. If they still jerk you around, move on to the next vendor. Your money will spend just fine over there too. That's how I buy everything. Including fireworks and cars. Give me your best price and don't BS me. If I catch you lying to me, we're done. I'm taking your first price to the next dealer and if his price is better, I'm buying from him. So make sure you make a good first impression. That's it. Saves time, headache, and hopefully money.

PyroManiacs
06-01-2020, 01:27 PM
I agree 100%. Luckily my supply guys are also industry friends and they have done nothing but be consistent for the years that I have been purchasing from them. They have a strong rep for having some of the best variety of product, pricing and service around my area and they are also a sponsor here!

So yea Jay, find someone who wont jerk you around and are completely upfront. Like Rick stated, it definitely saves a headache.

minute_man777
06-01-2020, 02:11 PM
Going to have to agree to this. Just recently won a shell kit from a store (none of the advertisers on here) but I have yet to receive any directions on when/where I am supposed to pick it up. The fact that I have to fish for information will make me shop elsewhere.

chetubet
06-01-2020, 03:08 PM
I agree 100%. Luckily my supply guys are also industry friends and they have done nothing but be consistent for the years that I have been purchasing from them. They have a strong rep for having some of the best variety of product, pricing and service around my area and they are also a sponsor here!

So yea Jay, find someone who wont jerk you around and are completely upfront. Like Rick stated, it definitely saves a headache.

Where do you shop for fireworks around Philly? I personally like Intergalactic.

jsifue2
06-01-2020, 07:45 PM
Agree 100%. Gotta take care of your customers or someone else will.

Arclight
06-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Why do a lot of shops have strange pricing like "Buy 7 get 2 free" or "For every 2pi cases you buy, you get 4/7 of a case free!" Like, just tell me you only sell in fives or give me the price per piece.