PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Memorial Day show

rfgonzo
05-27-2020, 09:40 PM
We did our first small one song pyromusical with cobra system. Show starts at 20 sec mark. Happy with it for first try and video.
https://youtu.be/9bmfQyGlzoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmfQyGlzoc&feature=youtu.be

FinnAmerican
05-27-2020, 10:18 PM
Awesome Pyrotechnic show...! Maybe one day I'll be as coordinated as this...Still got to test out my beginner's system.

N.E. Pyrotechnics
05-27-2020, 11:10 PM
Nice job neighbor. If I had a Cobra, I would have known that I spaced the cue in my show... Anyway, awesome job. I subbed you. I'm in Lake Orion. We should burn some fuses some time.

AxeElf
05-28-2020, 12:49 AM
Is that a pair of Mobile Menaces, from about 2:46 to 3:19? That is like my favorite 200g cake!

rfgonzo
05-28-2020, 12:57 AM
Is that a pair of Mobile Menaces, from about 2:46 to 3:19? That is like my favorite 200g cake!

Bingo!!!! That is my wife's favorite also. She say's the cover reminds her of herself driving down the road. haha

Big Worm
05-28-2020, 11:51 AM
Great show!! Can you post your shoot list? Really nice selection.

rfgonzo
05-28-2020, 03:40 PM
Tannerite M25 Air Burst
Tannerite M25 Blue Willow
1.4 Crushin it super shells
1.4 Enter the dragon willow shells
Bling Bling
High falutin
Hit the road jack
Little guru
Mobile menace
Comet blue color star Valcan RCS40-C02
Comet red color star Valcan RCS40-C01
Comet white color star Valcan RCS40-C09
Comet silver cascade W/red & blue star mine RCS40-EB02A
White strobe Valcan FS30W

morrison2951
05-28-2020, 10:39 PM
Nice! Can't go wrong with the Brothers cakes. Trying out their "Mob Madness" case in my show this 4th.:cool:

rfgonzo
05-28-2020, 11:30 PM
I like the Turf war cake in mob madness. Enjoy!!!!

morrison2951
05-29-2020, 08:34 PM
Yep. And from what I can tell two of them are re-wraps of Brothers classics High Falutin and Hit The Road, Jack. Got a great case price. Can't wait to shoot them on the 4th.

rfgonzo
06-21-2020, 11:54 PM
My audio is pretty faint in the video. How do you guy get such clean crisp audio in your videos? I put the speaker directly behind my GoPro. Is there a better way to go about it?

Rick_In_Tampa
06-21-2020, 11:55 PM
Overlay the audio track on the video after the show. Lots of free programs out there to do that,

If you have the speaker directly behind the GoPro then you should be fine. Unless it's right behind and 500' away, or it's a 2W speaker from your cell phone.

I have 2 speakers that are 1100W total, and they sat off to the side maybe 30' away and my GoPro Hero 5 Session picked it up just fine.

rfgonzo
06-21-2020, 11:59 PM
I'm old and not sure how to do that. Guess I'll need to find myself someone computer savvy. Thanks Rick

Rick_In_Tampa
06-22-2020, 12:05 AM
Lol.... I know the feeling. These 12 year old kids today can run circles around us when it comes to technology. Doesn't seem fair.

rfgonzo
06-22-2020, 12:06 AM
Next question, If you do a overlay how are you able to record the crowds reaction at the same time? This is all new to me sorry.

rfgonzo
06-22-2020, 12:14 AM
Overlay the audio track on the video after the show. Lots of free programs out there to do that,

If you have the speaker directly behind the GoPro then you should be fine. Unless it's right behind and 500' away, or it's a 2W speaker from your cell phone.

I have 2 speakers that are 1100W total, and they sat off to the side maybe 30' away and my GoPro Hero 5 Session picked it up just fine.

I used a Pyle PPHP155ST 15'' speaker 10 feet behind the gopro. I thought that would have been enough. I might need a new gopro also. I still have the first original one. poop!!!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-22-2020, 12:15 AM
The overlaid audio track doesn't replace the original audio. It kind of just "adds to it" if that makes sense. So you'll hear the pyro going off and the crowd reactions in addition to the clear audio.

The down side is, you'll also hear the original audio. So if you don't get the timing right on the overlay, you could hear kind of an echo effect in your video. Hope that makes sense.

If your original audio is barely discernible, then it shouldn't be a problem.

rfgonzo
06-22-2020, 12:18 AM
The overlaid audio track doesn't replace the original audio. It kind of just "adds to it" if that makes sense. So you'll hear the pyro going off and the crowd reactions in addition to the clear audio.

The down side is, you'll also hear the original audio. So if you don't get the timing right on the overlay, you could hear kind of an echo effect in your video. Hope that makes sense.

If your original audio is barely discernible, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Makes perfect sense, Thanks!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-22-2020, 12:18 AM
I used a Pyle PPHP155ST 15'' speaker 10 feet behind the gopro. I thought that would have been enough. I might need a new gopro also. I still have the first original one. poop!!!!!

PyroJeoNEPA is our resident audio expert, but if you're still using an original GoPro.... Yeah. It might be time for an upgrade. Like I said... My speakers were 30' away and (I think) my Hero 5 Session GoPro picked it up just fine. You can watch the video yourself using the link below and tell me what you think.

rfgonzo
06-22-2020, 12:27 AM
I have all new audio coming from zZounds on PyroJoe's recommendations. Unfortunately with the pandemic going on I have everything but the new speakers. They have been stuck in a FedEx trailer literally 5 miles from my house for 2 weeks now. FedEx says they are three weeks behind. Grrrrr

I have seen your video before. A+ that's what i'm talking about.

Delloman
06-22-2020, 12:30 AM
Wow thats nutz

rfgonzo
06-22-2020, 12:35 AM
Yep.... I'm just hoping for no damage when they get here.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-22-2020, 12:45 AM
I have all new audio coming from zZounds on PyroJoe's recommendations. Unfortunately with the pandemic going on I have everything but the new speakers. They have been stuck in a FedEx trailer literally 5 miles from my house for 2 weeks now. FedEx says they are three weeks behind. Grrrrr

I have seen your video before. A+ that's what i'm talking about.

Oh wow! See... That would piss me off. They won't let you drive over and pick them up yourself?? I'd probably just show up one day and find a manager and see if he could help me out. Well I hope they get to you soon! Not much time left before the 4th.

rfgonzo
06-22-2020, 01:30 AM
No! I was told they will try and find the boxes. They asked me if I new what the boxes looked like... I said um! Brown and square DUH!!!! Just my luck I guess.

AxeElf
06-22-2020, 05:02 PM
Next question, If you do a overlay how are you able to record the crowds reaction at the same time? This is all new to me sorry.

Kinda like Rick said, most video software will allow you to overlay an audio track, and then you can decide how much "strength" to assign it, from a low percentage, where the overlaid track will be barely noticeable compared to the native audio of your video, or a high percentage, where the crowd and the "booms" will mostly be drowned out by the overlaid audio. Somewhere around 50% is typical, but if you're wanting to emphasize the crowd noise, you can set the overlaid track at a lower percentage.

rfgonzo
06-23-2020, 04:09 PM
What is a good video software?

AxeElf
06-23-2020, 06:45 PM

I still just use Windows Movie Maker--but then, I'm still running Windows 7, so I dunno if it works with the newer operating systems.

VLC Media Player has a good reputation, but it is a LOT more complicated.

tmwjr
06-23-2020, 07:33 PM

Cyberlink powerdirector is a good option that's reasonably priced for a consumer...if you're willing to pay for software. I use it a lot in my work for basic editing and some effects.

Many of the free softwares do not always render in ultra high def.

hatsgoods
06-28-2020, 11:06 PM
Cyberlink powerdirector is a good option that's reasonably priced for a consumer...if you're willing to pay for software. I use it a lot in my work for basic editing and some effects.

Many of the free softwares do not always render in ultra high def.

thats what i use