PDA

View Full Version : "First show/Good times"

N.E. Pyrotechnics
05-26-2020, 10:59 PM
It's been eleven months since she said, "C'mon, we'll only spend $50...

We are having an absolutely incredible time with our new found passion. We employed a lot of knowledge, and a lot of wisdom that has been shared by the very generous people here in the forums. Thank you to all of you that have taught, and inspired.

Now, for the comedy portion of the evening...

Everything was coming together. The boards were all laid out, everything was glued up, and ready to go. I decided to cut this back to about 4.5 to 5 minutes. I was beating up my budget pretty bad, and tried to save a couple of cakes for the Fourth. It would still be a solid show, with a busy sky...

The day of the show we started off with just nasty weather, thick cloud cover, and non-stop mist. No worries though, all the news readers("meteorologists") said that we would have sunny skies by noon.... I should have asked what day at noon I guess, because it wasn't today. We delayed as long as we could to load out, but the mist wouldn't stop. We got everything covered, and loaded for the trek north to the shoot site. About halfway into the drive, the skies cleared, and the rest of the day was perfect weather wise.

Unloading, and set up all went very smooth. One board with all of the 200 gram (7 total), 6 boards with either 4 or 5 500 gram, and 54 cans, a mix of 4" and 5", all fused together. I did that so I could start all of the cans with one cue. It worked, but it also bit me in the ass. More on that later.

We had rounded up a bunch of smalls for the grand kids. That was the absolute best part of the night! Our grand children, our children, and fireworks! I got teary eyed more than once seeing what an incredible time Michelle was having with the grand babies. Proud PaPa moment,,,anyway

Let's get to the "Rookie Mistake"...

Show gets started, everything is going great, I am trying to stay focused on firing the show, but getting totally caught up in watching the show. Somehow I managed to miss a cue while firing the show. The cue that I missed had 4 500g on it that were chain fused to run for about 45 seconds. Missing the cue caused the canisters to still be running when the finale' finished.

Oh well, I get a chance at redemption in about a month.

New to pyro, we got our video camera the day before the show, and new to YouTube... I'm sure there will be more laughs.

Watch the firing line at around 3:25. The worlds greatest canister shell lifts about 10 feet, falls back to the ground and... Then, about 10 seconds later, 2 out of 3 break low, and very low.

Of course I would have loved for this to finish together, but that will not diminish what an incredible experience this was.

Thanks for watching, and we would love to hear any feedback.

If I can figure out how to link to YouTube, it will link to Flying Solo Pyro. Most likely the name we will land on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlBuGYgUdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlBuGYgUdI

jamisonlm3
05-26-2020, 11:41 PM
Doesn't look like things went too bad. It could've always been worse. The main thing is the experience you get from doing it. What kind of racks were you using?

rfgonzo
05-27-2020, 12:21 AM
IMHO that was a great first show. No black sky.... And don't forget we are our own worst critics and usually the only ones that know when things don't go right. Good Job!!!

Robbro097
05-27-2020, 01:20 AM
Looked good to me the sky stayed full. It is really easy to get caught up watching the show, riding that rush from it and miss a button iv done it and im sure alot of other ppl have too so your not alone. Sometimes low breaks just happen doesnt sound like any property damage and every1 was whole so always a win. Long as the audience like it then its a job well done, we really are "our own worst critics"

Rick_In_Tampa
05-27-2020, 04:05 AM
Redemption my ass. Next time should be an encore performance! You did great!! I loved the effects you used. Bright, vibrant colors. The pace was great too. As you mentioned, being with the family (especially those grandkids!) is priceless too.

Congrats man!! You dun did good!!:cool: