PDA

View Full Version : 2nd year Shooting

FinnAmerican
05-24-2020, 02:41 PM
I tried my first cakes out, Yesterday.
I was overwhelmed by their effect and power. I'am officially addicted to CAKE!!
Last year, I overlooked them, thinking they were a waste of money. I was wrong.

Martin Bombers, 130g
Horn Dog, 200g (effect: 20 shot/mine to salute)

I also had three mortars by Phantom Fireworks; the reports were so great, I think it's amazing what the Consumer Product Safety Commission will allow in stores...or haven't recalled just yet. I'am not complaining!!
I was shooting some decent Firecrackers (Wiseguy, Hammer, Dum Dum); and one that surprised me was Phantom's M-98 Cracker (strip of 24) for what it is, they had quite a pop to them..The strip crackers were more potent than the single crackers.

The plastic little "Super Balls"/ Soccer balls packed quite a punch (broke a hole in the board).
The two fountains (Moondance & Firecracker) by Phantom we're really something. The crackle was so intense for their size. I'd buy them again.

1.5" Devil Rockets were hard hitters with salute ball shells.

Everything that I shot of was over the top quality; compared to my first year (2019). Didn't try my wireless system, yet. Need more cakes for that. And didn't film anything..I wanted to.
Getting excited for the Fourth!!

Pgdark19
05-24-2020, 04:53 PM
uh oh...you're addicted now. congratulations. Only gets worse/better from here...(depends on perspective). those soccer balls are impressive. try dropping one in an empty milk carton...

Icooclast
05-24-2020, 06:06 PM
i agree with pgdark. you're gonna get further into the fireworks world year after year. i've been lighting "the good stuff" since i was a little kid (great uncle had a fireworks store for a while, so i am assuming that's how (don't remember)) he died when i was really young. but point is: each year my parents let me talk them into spending a little bit more and a little more. until i spent about 1,200 online of my own money (ancient history now) and then the next i spent 8K of my own money (again: ancient history) my dad didn't talk to me for almost a week for that one (parents really don't like fireworks, they think it's a waste of money. so i get on my dad about his gambling problem. that is a bigger waste of money, imo.

now while you may not go quite that way. (i had some money built up, so i couldn't resist) but you will find yourself thinking about fireworks more, looking through wholesalers and retailers more, looking at more vids on youtube and fireworks' sites vids, etc. i even think about them a lot when i am laying down trying to sleep. keeps me up late hours. so, don't worry. it's all natural, and fun. lol

jamisonlm3
05-24-2020, 10:18 PM
I also had three mortars by Phantom Fireworks; the reports were so great, I think it's amazing what the Consumer Product Safety Commission will allow in stores...or haven't recalled just yet. I'am not complaining!!It's not that. Consumer canister shells are just that good. If you were here for the big to do about them thinking of banning metals in consumer fireworks, now you know why people were up in arms about it. Phantom was one of the big companies in support of it.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-25-2020, 12:19 AM
Way to go Finn. Sounds like you've smelled the smoke and now you're hooked. That's good. Just don't spend the rent money. lol...

I started fusing cakes this weekend. We got maybe 20 cases done. Put a big dent in it, but have a long way to go. I'm definitely getting excited about lighting something up already. The good news is, somehow I forgot to add 8 cases of cakes into my show. No idea where my head is this year. But, now I have stuff for New Years Eve! So... There's a reason for everything. :rolleyes:

morrison2951
05-25-2020, 12:58 PM
Yep. I did the same thing last year and mistakenly left out some cakes from the 4th show.... had a kick ass NYE show with them though. ;)

minute_man777
05-25-2020, 03:19 PM
Yep you're hooked now, I started off with small stuff, firecrackers, bottle rockets, festival balls and now I buy canister shells and 500g cakes. After a certain point you'll start to pay more attention to the specific effects (willows, strobes, brocades, flying fish etc.).