PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Fireworks Hell aka Maryland

Devo
05-22-2020, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone, long time lurker...first time poster.

I have very much enjoyed reading everyone's experiences, and seeing your set ups. Just placed my small wholesale order today with Fireworks Fantasy in PA, which was a comfortable driving distance. I recommended that they contact Dave about advertising on here. I don't think that we can enough solid places to go feed our hobby/addiction.

I have greatly appreciated reading all the advice you good folks have provided on purchasing. Without you all, I might have been spending way more than I needed too, and gotten way less than I could have.

PS - My wife now hates you all!

nightstalker
05-22-2020, 06:22 PM
PS - My wife now hates you all!

I'm lucky. My wife asks me alot of times if I want to go for a ride to a fireworks store. She loves to see them set off.

Pgdark19
05-22-2020, 08:32 PM
welcome and I can relate to the wife situation... (the upset wife, not the happy one...) :rolleyes:

Devo
05-22-2020, 09:05 PM
I have a feeling that I will have to give in a get my wife some Disney stuff to make up for the pyro stuff. I have this feeling BECAUSE she told me I have to get her some Disney stuff.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-23-2020, 01:44 AM
Hey there Devo. Welcome aboard. glad to hear your wife now hates me. I was getting too many Christmas cards as it is! Just kidding... I'm sure she'll come around one day. My wife doesn't ask me what I spend because she doesn't want me lying to her. So it works out for both of us.

Wait until you start buying cobra mods and flame machines!! She's really going to blow a gasket! lol... Well, hopefully not. It's only money right?

jknepp1954
05-23-2020, 07:12 AM
Hello Devo - from Central PA - ever up in our area - stop by - you will be glad you did! :cool:

PyroKing31
05-23-2020, 08:39 AM
Hello from another state of hell of pyros. NY. Where safe and sane can be sold legally for about 2 weeks out of the year.

Devo
05-23-2020, 10:02 AM
Wait until you start buying cobra mods...

That ship has already sailed! Luckily (for my bank account) I have a small shooting area so that limits what I can do. Hmmm...time to get a bigger piece of property!

Devo
05-23-2020, 10:04 AM
Hello Devo - from Central PA - ever up in our area - stop by - you will be glad you did! :cool:

I absolutely do want to head your way too!! So many booms...so little time.

PyroManiacs
05-23-2020, 10:20 AM
Welcome To PyroTalk, Devo!

I should also add to check out Intergalactic Fireworks just north of Philly if you haven't yet.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-23-2020, 10:47 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk Devo. Don't limit your thinking to square footage vs amount of pyro. There are soooooo many ways to jam pack a tremendous amount of pyro in a small space. Have you gotten into any of the 1.4g pro products yet? Slice cakes, comets, meteors, flame pots, strobes, --lots of awesome effects that take up very little "real estate".

Devo
05-24-2020, 12:29 PM
Joe, my current shooting location is a 7x10 swim platform at the end of a dock, with a small dock house on it, so my general rule of thumb is "don't blow up the dock or the dock house." I have only recently started looking into the 1.4 Pro and AP stuff. Seems like a vast difference in capability from the general 1.4 stuff. I'll definitely be looking more into it though, as you said there are some very cool effects with those products. Baby steps though, my "show" gets a little better every year. The good thing about this is that I don't mind the practice ;)

Wholesale Fireworks
05-24-2020, 01:42 PM
Welcome Devo ( cool name. the band Devo is from Ohio ) anyway check out our partner in Elkton MD Patriotic Fireworks