View Full Version : Setting up your show in advance

Berserker23
05-20-2020, 10:44 PM
When you guys make your cake boards do you guys connect the wires the night before if your using cobra slats or do you connect them the day of the show because I usually connect them on the day of the show but thinking of doing it the night before, so I can just plug in my slats to save time and energy because I do everything on July 4th usually smoke a brisket which takes 10-13 hours, set up the show I?m a one man team.

Scotty Rockets
05-20-2020, 11:12 PM
For me it’s the single shot racks and slice racks, I ematch them all ahead into the slats. I have trust issues having someone else wire them up, lol

rfgonzo
05-20-2020, 11:35 PM
I wire my slats up days ahead of time. If you do just make sure you use shunts on your slats.

Icooclast
05-21-2020, 06:06 PM
I have trust issues having someone else wire them up, lol

nothing wrong with that. i think i'd have issues with that, too.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-22-2020, 04:06 AM
I wired all my boards into the firing modules ahead of time last year. This year I'm going to wire them all up again, along with the slats. My goal is to just lay the boards out on the 4th and connect up the CAT5 cables and be done with it.

Mississippipyro
05-22-2020, 06:14 AM
Rick-
In Florida you must deal with the late afternoon thundershowers, what do you use to protect the product?

Berserker23
05-22-2020, 10:17 AM
So I’m going with plywood or pallets and connecting the wire few nights before the fourth so I can just just plug in the cables it will save me from overheating and hopefully the no rain streak continues it would be 4 years in a row knock on wood

joewad
05-22-2020, 05:25 PM
So I’m going with plywood or pallets and connecting the wire few nights before the fourth so I can just just plug in the cables it will save me from overheating and hopefully the no rain streak continues it would be 4 years in a row knock on wood

You will be fine. I always twist the bare wires together while in "storage". Then shoot day just field the items and connect to cues.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-23-2020, 02:04 AM
Rick-
In Florida you must deal with the late afternoon thundershowers, what do you use to protect the product?

I do. I use tarps to cover my boards. I just posted this video in the other thread from 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzbDtN2ii0&list=PLhf2Xsn_yacrjtgSgrHDdmOGeTDUuCSkP&index=8&t=0s

Mississippipyro
05-23-2020, 01:37 PM
Thanks, sorry about that I just realized I basically posted the same question twice lol

joewad
05-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Thanks, sorry about that I just realized I basically posted the same question twice lol

I thought you stuttered :o :o No biggy.