PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from North Mississippi

Zap85
05-15-2020, 04:11 PM
I just wanted to jump on and introduce myself. This will be my second year doing a firework show for my neighborhood and my desire to make it better has brought me here. I built enough racks this past winter to shoot 2 cases of excals without reloading so I'm pretty sure my next step will be an electronic ignition system. I'm pretty thankful to have found the wealth of knowledge that's so freely shared here - Adam

Mississippipyro
05-15-2020, 04:57 PM
Welcome Adam, I’m also from Northern Mississippi, Olive Branch to be exact. You will find lots of great information in this forum. Be sure to watch Davis videos they have been a great help to me.
Ashley

Zap85
05-15-2020, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I'm about an hour south east of you in Oxford

joewad
05-15-2020, 06:24 PM
Hope you are a bit "spongy", a wealth of knowledge here. Welcome aboard.....

Rick_In_Tampa
05-16-2020, 12:00 AM
Welcome aboard Adam! Always happy to see fresh meat on the boards. Tell us a little more about the show you're planning for the neighborhood. Be sure to video the show and post it here for us!!

chriskrc
05-16-2020, 06:43 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. There is a lot to learn here.

Zap85
05-16-2020, 06:47 PM
Last year we lit off a case of excals, a case of demon shells, and a dozen 500g cakes. I just received this years order a couple days ago, 2 excal cases and 34 cakes. I made racks out of the 48 HDPE tubes that came with the 2 cases of mortars last year and myself along with a couple friends hand lit 1-2 mortars at a time from 3 firing stations. Whenever we ran out of shells in the racks we would light off a couple cakes while we reloaded the racks. Between all the work of reloading 48 tubes six different times during the show and having 1 extremely low breaking shell I decided to save up for some pyroboom tubes and bought 3 sets of 60 during their black Friday sale. So between the 48 tubes from last year, 180 tubes from pyroboom, and another 48 tubes from this years excal purchase I shouldn't have to reload anything this year.

Zap85
05-16-2020, 07:10 PM
I started making racks today from this years excal tubes and noticed they were way shorter and poorly cut vs last years tubes. Any idea why? Only thing I could find online was excal had an issue with short fuses.... so they just hacked their tubes shorter???
https://imgur.com/a/MgG1hQ5

Mississippipyro
05-17-2020, 02:31 PM
I started making racks today from this years excal tubes and noticed they were way shorter and poorly cut vs last years tubes. Any idea why? Only thing I could find online was excal had an issue with short fuses.... so they just hacked their tubes shorter???
https://imgur.com/a/MgG1hQ5
It wouldn?t surprise me if thats how they corrected the fuse issue. I?m getting away from using the tubes that come with the shells. After this year I will about have all the racks I need.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-17-2020, 08:20 PM

Yep--I heard that from a couple "sources" that they chose to shorten the tubes instead of lengthening the fuses.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-17-2020, 08:22 PM
Adam, Welcome to the PyroTalk Forum. Lots of info to be found here. Settle in and make yourself at home.

minute_man777
05-18-2020, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forum Adam, hope your show goes more smoother this year with those new racks.

fatcat
05-19-2020, 12:14 PM
Welcome aboard Adam I am in the opposite end of the state down here on the coast. However both my kids graduated from Ole Miss so Oxford is familiar territory to them. Great folks with a wealth of info here. Once again, Welcome