PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Shows - Social Distancing

BMoore
05-12-2020, 10:08 AM
I know a lot of us are planning on shooting our backyard shows on the 4th despite the pandemic. What I haven't seen are any discussions about social distancing/crowd control. Where I'm at it looks like mass gatherings will be limited to 50 people by July. Are most of you planning to ignore the mass gathering/social distancing orders? Shooting for your own enjoyment with no spectators? Other plans to limit guests, encourage social distancing, etc?

brianp009
05-12-2020, 09:23 PM
My family and I are planning to do a back yard fireworks show this year. It has been several years since we have really done one.
As far as social distancing goes the family will be together of course but, we are going to let the neighbors know about the show as well.
In years past they have just watched from there own yards and it all worked out great. So I don't really see any issues with doing that
again this year.
Thanks for posting and take care.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 03:54 AM
I know a lot of us are planning on shooting our backyard shows on the 4th despite the pandemic. What I haven't seen are any discussions about social distancing/crowd control. Where I'm at it looks like mass gatherings will be limited to 50 people by July. Are most of you planning to ignore the mass gathering/social distancing orders? Shooting for your own enjoyment with no spectators? Other plans to limit guests, encourage social distancing, etc?

I usually do not get too many onlookers but sometime a neighbor will have a party and they will watch. I really do not have crowd issues. I also a fairly large staging area and people need to stay a safe distance so spacing is easy. I am mostly worried about being organized enough to avoid delays and boredom.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-13-2020, 04:08 AM
I usually have a nice size crowd show up, and based on what my wife tells me is happening on our HOA Facebook page, there should be a nice turnout this year as well.

As for social distancing, I'm not doing anything to control that. My focus is (and has to be) on the pyro setup and making sure that is safe. I'm going to let the adults be adults and the parents be the parents and take care of themselves.

Salutecake
05-13-2020, 10:13 AM
Very well put Rick_In_Tampa!
I was hesitant but was informed by the rest of my family that weather permitting it's all getting shot off. We usually have a very large crowd, but people are going to have to make up their own mind on what to do. Options might be, watch from your car or just spread out along the road, stay at home, watch from your home. I would hope, everyone will stay safe and follow what Guidelines are in place for them at the time of the fireworks.

DavidthePyro
05-13-2020, 07:26 PM
I shoot on a 600 acre old plantation, all the neighbors are Amish except a few and spaced out far apart. My shoot site is at one house on the property which is about 400' away from the party at the other house on the property. There's so much space and no LEO's around there, so its quite a nice escape from my daily suburban life. The 4th will also serve as a wedding date this year for the guy who hosts the party. At the end of the day, I don't anticipate there being any impact on the plans at all for us. We usually draw about 400 people, 150 of whom are Amish. Fun fact- some of them up there have stereos in their buggies and they're about 10-15 years behind us on music. I figured if I did a pyro musical this year to some 90's Van Halen, their heads would explode from the technology.

BMoore
05-16-2020, 02:12 PM
Talked to the property owners last night. Our current plan is to have kind of a VIP area for 40-50 people by invitation only at the usual viewing spot and perhaps prepackaged food/drinks. Other people and locals will be notified by word of mouth and asked to either stay in their cars or spread out on the other end of the property. I was worried that maybe no one would want to do it this year but the consensus is everyone is really looking forward to it maybe even more so than usual.

chriskrc
05-17-2020, 07:45 AM
I'm not really sure whats going to happen this year but usually the neighbors have their wn parties and stay on the property to watch the show but with all thats going on we are still trying to figure the 4th out.