PDA

View Full Version : Start Of show

Harold
05-03-2020, 11:06 AM
What's you guys preferred methods of starting off you're show. Do you like to start slow then progressively go faster or start off with a bang and surprise your audience? I usually start slow then go on from there but this year I wanna try something new. So what is your methods?:cool:

esgrillo
05-03-2020, 11:20 AM
I have been using a set formula for the last 2 shows and the next planned one. I have some flame and lighting effects so I start with just that for a minute or so with some "stadium music". My first firework song is what I call epic instrumental that starts off slow and then has really hard beats that i sequence comet and mine runs on. For the rest of the show I alternate slow and fast songs with distinct breaks between that I use strobes as a transition.

Everything of course boils down to personal taste of course.

Here is my song list for next 4th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRCGUFGnF9g

Mississippipyro
05-03-2020, 11:58 AM
My show this year will start with an M-25 followed by a front of 500g fountains ( 6 total) for about 3min, at about 10sec in a slice will go followed by 200g boards at three positions ( same item) at 30sec. At about 50 sec a NOAB will go up. Four 500g cakes ( same item) will close out the opening. At least in my head lol

morrison2951
05-03-2020, 09:55 PM
I hit 'em hard to start then slow things down alittle in the middle and hit 'em again with the finale of course.

That way your audience will remember BOTH the opening and the finale.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-04-2020, 03:43 AM
This year is going to be different than past shows because I got busy and I got lazy. So... I plan to start slow as usual, but unlike previous years where I light some fountains, I'm going to have different colored 30 second flame pots set up throughout the entire shoot site. I'm going to have them all light at once to light up the whole area. While they're burning I'm going to have alternating comets going up to the beat of the first song. Then we'll start the 500g cakes and proceed to the finale where (hopefully) all hell will break loose with 300 mortars and 2 cases of tannerite cakes.

Harold
05-04-2020, 09:01 AM
I would love to see this, make sure you record it!

PyroKing31
05-04-2020, 09:38 AM
I was originally planning to start slow and ramp up as I have seen others do and have done in the past. But I added a Zipper to my order and I cant decide if I should start the show with the Zipper and roll in that way or let the Zipper be the opening the finale like I had originally planned. I am torn and it will probably end up being a game day decision.

Big Worm
05-04-2020, 11:07 AM
If I only had one zipper cake I would use it in the finale. Lots of motion and fills the lower section of sky well.

Salutecake
05-04-2020, 07:59 PM
So in general - mine is a mix of 1.3 and 1.4. Usually a lot more 1.4 than 1.3, but as time moves on the 1.3 is starting to take over. My tradition, to start is a 4" salute, that usually gets everyone's attention, then after about 10 seconds or so Saturn missiles, and then in about another 10 secs, all hell brakes loose for a while. Then after that for this year it will be followed by some 1.3, 3" and 4" assorted display shells at a slower pace but fancier styles like rings, a smiley face and such. Then a water thing, new for me, - it shoots out a spread of balls onto the lake and then they light up on the lake i think it lasts like 45 seconds, it looks pretty serene so I thought I would wait about 40 seconds then shoot off a 6" flame pot to get everyone's attentions again.

Hey, thanks for this post - finally made me think of what to do this year!

Scotty Rockets
05-04-2020, 08:28 PM
Really depends on what you want to create. Hard and fast for an aggressive opener or maybe you want to create a slow moody opener. There is no right
or wrong way

Berserker23
05-05-2020, 12:42 AM
I usually start with my Roman candle rack which shoots like 25 candles which makes a good effect

Harold
05-05-2020, 10:04 AM
So in general - mine is a mix of 1.3 and 1.4. Usually a lot more 1.4 than 1.3, but as time moves on the 1.3 is starting to take over. My tradition, to start is a 4" salute, that usually gets everyone's attention, then after about 10 seconds or so Saturn missiles, and then in about another 10 secs, all hell brakes loose for a while. Then after that for this year it will be followed by some 1.3, 3" and 4" assorted display shells at a slower pace but fancier styles like rings, a smiley face and such. Then a water thing, new for me, - it shoots out a spread of balls onto the lake and then they light up on the lake i think it lasts like 45 seconds, it looks pretty serene so I thought I would wait about 40 seconds then shoot off a 6" flame pot to get everyone's attentions again.

Hey, thanks for this post - finally made me think of what to do this year!
No problem Your show sounds amazing!!

Zippster
05-05-2020, 11:32 AM
I start fast, then slow down in the middle with some ups and downs songs, then of course rock the finale hard.

Salutecake
05-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Thanks Harold, I try, lol.

I will say this: I'm not new to the 1.4 but relatively new to the 1.3 stuff, and the 1.3 really adds another dimension to your show. It does add some complications though like the extra space require to touch everything off and storage but well worth the little bit of trouble. The licence stuff is no big deal, Dave has video's and this site to get you through that process. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you or anyone here is ready for the next adventure move up to the 1.3, don't be like me and wait years thinking that it can't be done. It's really nice to be able to add a few 4 inch salutes at the end of your show! Like the icing on the cake.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2020, 03:55 AM
When you live in an HOA, sometimes that next adventure just isn't possible. Unless you want to risk a dual adventure that includes a ride to the county lockup. :(

joewad
05-09-2020, 09:58 AM
I use to start with a case of 500 gram fountains spaced out evenly. Last two (2) years and continuing this year, it'll be a couple of fast paced 15 shot sweeping 1.4Pro comet slices followed up by either a 66 shot 2 inch fast paced salute cake or 50 shots of quick fused 2 inch canister salutes on the same cue.

Ribrown
06-20-2020, 08:40 AM
I like to start off with a tiny whistling fountain for about 10 seconds to make the crowd think the show will be lame. Then after 10 seconds, hit a fast fused 24 shell angled rack of ball shells to wow everyone. Then I hit a larger long lasting fountain along with some quiet roman candle and comet effect items for about a minute. After all that completes, I'll pause for about 10 seconds to let everyone think it's all over and still lame. Then after the pause I'll hit a large NOAB in the center with 2 Screaming loud 500 gram cakes on the outsides to really get the main body of the show going which will be all combinations of 500 and 200 gram cakes for 15 minutes or so. Then I always end with a pause, then about 50 ball shells for a false finale. Then another pause to let the crowd think it's over, followed by a 3 position 240 - 60 gram shell finale ending with a Creamora bucket for an ending.