PDA

View Full Version : Rack Unboxing and Assembly - Big Time Pyro - With Cobra Slat Install

esgrillo
05-03-2020, 12:42 AM
Put together 3 - 40 racks from Big Time Pyro today. Took some video.

These are an open style rack vs the square tube style so there are some additional benefits to this style including no pool noodle stuffing lol.

I also added a mount for a 36 Cobra slat on each one so I can prewire the entire rack in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5VVXgdHCao&t=2s

Robbro097
05-03-2020, 04:06 AM
Thanks for sharing. Have you ever shot any 62mm shells on those racks?

esgrillo
05-03-2020, 07:57 AM
Thanks for sharing. Have you ever shot any 62mm shells on those racks?

No I have not. I investated that and was convinced by another advanced pyro NOT to do it. I have however shot the 76mm mines from Dominator with them. Also 3" mines. All those larger effects do not fit in a tube rack. I even mounted some of those tiny silver gerbs 76 sells. They are only about 1/2 wide lol.

krayg
05-03-2020, 08:46 AM
When I received mine, I noticed that the diagrams didn't detail washers for the tensioner nut so I purchased and added a washer under each one. I would expect the tensioner nut would eventually eat into the support over time. Instead of the tensioner nut, I also tried 5/16”-18 cam clamps for quick adjustments but they weren't as infinitely adjustable as using a socket so I went back to the nuts. I like the racks and plan to buy more.