PDA

View Full Version : Lance Project

Rick_In_Tampa
04-29-2020, 11:37 AM
Quick question for you pros...

I'm going to try and put together a set-piece for my show. I don't have a 54 so I can't buy quick-match, and I certainly don't have the time to try and make any.

If I remember correctly someone on here told me sticky-match will work just as well. I recall seeing it available on a website a year or so ago, but I can't remember where.

So that's my long way of asking if any of you know where I can get my hands on some sticky-match?

Or, if there's a better product (besides quick-match) that I can use, please point me in that direction.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Rick

Robbro097
04-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Im looking at doing a lance piece this year casabella pyrotechnic (becausethey take daves continuing education ap cert) sales stickymatch thats where i was planning on i also seen fireart in PA sales as well

jamisonlm3
04-29-2020, 03:28 PM
Fire Art sells sticky match. http://www.fireartcorp.com/Shop/Supplies#fuse

displayfireworks1
04-29-2020, 08:49 PM
As usual the problem is shipping Sticky Match. May be a restricted item.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-30-2020, 01:28 PM
Rick--FireArt for the sticky Match--or---you can use very fast visco [0.5sec/ft]and secure it with a SMALL piece of masking tape. Too big of a piece of tape will burn with a flame that might distract from the lance for a few seconds. I seem to recall a couple years ago the "junior pyros" did a set piece using the fast fuse method. How big is the set piece? You can light it from several different spots to increase the initial ignition time of the lances.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-02-2020, 12:02 AM
Sorry for the late response. Been a very busy past few days. But thanks to all for the help!!

I'll be heading over to Fire Art for the sticky match!

Joe - I've got 10 bags of the 0.5 sec ft paper fuse. I use that for my mortars. I'm going to attempt to make 2 letters that represent the name of our HOA. So just one large "B" and a "G". So my thought was to use one initiator for each letter. I only have 1 box of lances coming. About 400 pieces I'm told. So I'm not looking to go too big with this thing. I'll just be tickled pink if I can build it, and if I can get it to fire! My next project is to see where I can find a large "B" and a large "G"! lol...