PDA

View Full Version : How are you getting your fix?

vegassalute
04-25-2020, 11:43 AM
Hey Pyros, I hope you're all Corona-free and staying sanitized! I was wondering how you're all keeping sane during the lockdown. Last night, I put a chair in the driveway and one-at-a-time I lit nearly a gross of Morning Glories by myself. It was better than any shrink session in the world! The weather was perfect, the tree frogs were singing, it was dusk, and like an overgrown child, I amused myself for well over an hour. The humidity was just right for the smoke to linger, and for a few minutes, I was in pyro heaven! The sights and the sounds took me right back to being 10 years old again without a care in the world! I highly suggest trying it!! Remember, the country needs pyro now more than ever! Whether it's a morning glory show like mine, snakes, or 4" salutes, nothing restores our inner smile more than smelling the smoke!! Take good care!

Peter (Vegassalute)

PS, my wife looked out the window and what she witnessed confirmed what she had always suspected; she married a pyro that stopped growing up by age 11! There should probably be a support group for poor pyro wives like mine!

Robbro097
04-25-2020, 12:56 PM
I've spent the last few days in front of cobra show creator. It looks like my nephew who graduates this year his school will not b having a ceremony, so iv been scripting a short pyromusical with the graduation song using as much of his school colors as i can. So at least him and his friends get something hopefully memorable and fun.

FinnAmerican
04-25-2020, 01:02 PM
I'm addicted to YouTube videos. One guy from Russia or the Ukraine, uploads three videos a day. Total length about 30-45 minutes. Shooting the large European crackers that we only dream of. And only 4 weeks until Memorial Day weekend, whoo-hoo! I can't wait. We have 2 shooting days on that weekend. Once I receive my 12 volt battery, I'll test my (beginner's) remote system. The battery got lost in the mail.

vegassalute
04-25-2020, 01:41 PM
I've spent the last few days in front of cobra show creator. It looks like my nephew who graduates this year his school will not b having a ceremony, so iv been scripting a short pyromusical with the graduation song using as much of his school colors as i can. So at least him and his friends get something hopefully memorable and fun.

Brilliant idea Robbro! Who knows, after your community sees the fruits of your labors, your project could turn into an annual tradition! Please share videos of the shoot if you're able! Good luck!

vegassalute
04-25-2020, 01:43 PM
I'm addicted to YouTube videos. One guy from Russia or the Ukraine, uploads three videos a day. Total length about 30-45 minutes. Shooting the large European crackers that we only dream of. And only 4 weeks until Memorial Day weekend, whoo-hoo! I can't wait. We have 2 shooting days on that weekend. Once I receive my 12 volt battery, I'll test my (beginner's) remote system. The battery got lost in the mail.

I totally agree FinnAmerican, I've been drinking in the thousands of great pyro-vids on Youtube from around the world too! People are doing some amazing things out there. And I'm definitely jealous of the European crackers too!

Mississippipyro
04-25-2020, 07:03 PM
I just placed my third order for our annual neighborhood show on the 4th. Now spending several hours a day planning. This will be the largest and most planned out show I've ever done lol. Now they want music so my scripting is starting over lol. Cwe plan to use an FM transmitter not a PA system, anyone ever done this?
144, Q (might up that, think of ordering another 72m.)
100, 500g cakes
12, Dominator Pro line slices
60, mines
80, 200g cakes
100, consumer shells
6, gas flame pots

Mattp
04-25-2020, 10:03 PM
HA... about a week ago I did a very similar thing ... shot about 1/4 of a gross of bottle rockets.. 1 at a time.. not whistlers .. didn’t want to piss off the neighbors too much.. lol... but tonight a few different people in my neighborhood shot off some cakes .. so that was nice to see

Rick_In_Tampa
04-26-2020, 01:07 AM
PS, my wife looked out the window and what she witnessed confirmed what she had always suspected; she married a pyro that stopped growing up by age 11! There should probably be a support group for poor pyro wives like mine!

Lol.. There is my friend!! It's called PGI. I'm sure there's a local version in the form of a pyro club in your state.

This week I finally finished up my script and put the finishing touches on my drawing. I'll be calling the SO76 guy next week to set up a shipment date. I put my friend on notice that the goodies will be arriving in a few weeks, and he's coming over to help me and learn how to poke and wire cakes and mortars. Should be an interesting time!

fireworkguy98
04-28-2020, 12:39 AM
Ive been making sure to keep in touch with my suppliers. :) finding out how they were making sales still doable and available made me feel better and me assuring them that I'm expecting to make purchases very soon seemed to brighten up their days! Just made a purchase today from one of them actually! :D Definitely planning another one closer to the fourth. Gotta wait for a little more of the product to get in. :p

Mississippipyro
04-28-2020, 07:31 PM
Ive been making sure to keep in touch with my suppliers. :) finding out how they were making sales still doable and available made me feel better and me assuring them that I'm expecting to make purchases very soon seemed to brighten up their days! Just made a purchase today from one of them actually! :D Definitely planning another one closer to the fourth. Gotta wait for a little more of the product to get in. :p

I've gotten calls from three suppliers over the past 10 days, so far two have gotten orders. Good for the, but I have little self control lol so not so great for the bank account.

cherrybomb1
04-28-2020, 09:00 PM
Hey Pyros, I hope you're all Corona-free and staying sanitized! I was wondering how you're all keeping sane during the lockdown. Last night, I put a chair in the driveway and one-at-a-time I lit nearly a gross of Morning Glories by myself. It was better than any shrink session in the world! The weather was perfect, the tree frogs were singing, it was dusk, and like an overgrown child, I amused myself for well over an hour. The humidity was just right for the smoke to linger, and for a few minutes, I was in pyro heaven! The sights and the sounds took me right back to being 10 years old again without a care in the world! I highly suggest trying it!! Remember, the country needs pyro now more than ever! Whether it's a morning glory show like mine, snakes, or 4" salutes, nothing restores our inner smile more than smelling the smoke!! Take good care!

Peter (Vegassalute)

My wife's support group is called the Hallmark Channel with a jailbroke amazon firestick she gets about 8 different channels of it...one of the greatest invention ever LOL!

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:34 AM
BBQ'g for dinner if it is not raining and watching fireworks, cooking or comedy videos if I can not sleep.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:35 AM
I will wait until early June to plan my show.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:37 AM
Do fountains, dogs do not bark with them and ever cats do not mind them. Just avoid mortars and cakes and the animals will be OK.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:39 AM
I am having no problem. I will probably have to wait for then to resupply about half of what I ordered but that happens every year.