PDA

View Full Version : Exploding targets & ammunition (Firework store)

FinnAmerican
04-21-2020, 07:28 PM
There is a local fireworks store about 6 miles from my house. (Pro Fireworks). In May they will start selling ammunition & exploding rifle targets. Just thought that was a bit odd.

jamisonlm3
04-21-2020, 09:47 PM
I don't think it's too unusual. I've been in stores that didn't sell fireworks alone. One sold garden ornaments, a second sold plants and another sold local souvenirs. I've seen some places that are basically gas stations that sell fireworks. I've also seen a place that sells golfing stuff or at least I think that's what they do. While you will find large fireworks chains and stores, I think you'll find just as many if not more smaller stores that sell more than just fireworks.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-22-2020, 06:16 AM
If I could find a golf course with a strip club that sold fireworks..... I'd buy a lifetime membership! :cool:

PyroKing31
04-22-2020, 06:51 AM
If I could find a golf course with a strip club that sold fireworks..... I'd buy a lifetime membership! :cool:

Hold the Golf course and I'm in! Haha

My favorite store to drive by is in Pennsylvania. Huge Letters. FIREWORKS AND KARATE SUPPLIES!

PyroJoeNEPA
04-23-2020, 10:46 AM

Thanks Rick---I spit my coffee out!!!! Baw ha ha.......
PS--my idea of golfing is taking my 12 ga. and trying to hit the golf balls in flight!!!

cptnding
04-23-2020, 05:21 PM
I know a gun store that sells fireworks :D

Arclight
04-23-2020, 05:45 PM

That sounds like Eastern Oregon. Combination Espresso bar, strip club and lumberjack supply store. And gas, which you aren't allowed to pump yourself.

joewad
04-23-2020, 08:32 PM

Which 19th hole would we find you in, errrrr at?

wingman
04-23-2020, 10:35 PM
I know a gun store that sells fireworks :D

Get this....our gas station sells liquor, guns and ammo, and fireworks. I'm wondering if the phrase "Hey hold my beer and watch this!!!" originated from there, lol!

rfgonzo
04-23-2020, 11:38 PM
There is a local fireworks store about 6 miles from my house. (Pro Fireworks). In May they will start selling ammunition & exploding rifle targets. Just thought that was a bit odd.

They have been selling exploding targets for a while now. As far as I know they've been selling Ammunition all this month.

BMoore
04-24-2020, 09:17 AM
I know at least one large fireworks chain that sells exploding rifle targets. I think a fair percentage of fireworks enthusiasts are also gun enthusiasts. In fact, I've had more than one person when finding out that I shoot fireworks ask me if I know places to buy Tannerite rifle targets. So there is at least some public perception that firework distributors may be a source for rifle targets.

As far as ammunition, keep in mind that gun and ammunition sales are essential businesses. This particular store may have figured that there is enough cross over business to use this as a means of staying open during the pandemic. Ammo is a hot commodity right now so it may have been a very wise business decision actually.

FinnAmerican
04-24-2020, 12:24 PM
There's a little shop in Poland, that sells
a wide selection of European fireworks along with energy drinks, cigarettes, alcohol and adult "items".

joewad
04-24-2020, 01:56 PM
There's a little shop in Poland, that sells
a wide selection of European fireworks along with energy drinks, cigarettes, alcohol and adult "items".

Now that's a convenience store