PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone buying this year? Wholesale recommendations? I swore I made this

Mucko
04-21-2020, 04:49 PM
I thought I had posted this and I have no way of telling whether it was removed or maybe I forgot to hit "submit"..

Whats everyone doing for 2020? The 4th is on a Sat night and I'd like to go out-do my previous shows.

I have bought from Mark at Sparky's and through him when he was with Big a few times.

Looking at some of the price lists now.

Wondering if anyone else in my area is doing group buys to cut down on shipping charges while potentially earning a better discount.

Also again unsure if this is allowed here to discuss, it always was before.

Regardless...I'm in the northeast...hoping others in my area may be browsing and in need of fireworks to celebrate 2020 and our fine nation!

What's the best that everyone is using for cakes, 200g and 500g etc?

What's the best for shells? Effects? Loudness?

And as far as firing systems...what's the best!?!?

Look forward to everyones responses...if this gets deleted then I'll go it alone and nix the forum from my life. Hope everyone is doing well.

captainpryo
04-21-2020, 05:01 PM
I guess the bigger question is where are you located that would help.

Mucko
04-21-2020, 06:14 PM
New Hampshire.

displayfireworks1
04-21-2020, 06:41 PM
You ask about 5 questions. I only have one. What is your fireworks budget? That answer will usually give you the answer to most questions.

FinnAmerican
04-21-2020, 06:43 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?4526-Group-buys-northeast&p=33967#post33967

displayfireworks1
04-21-2020, 06:45 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?4526-Group-buys-northeast&p=33967#post33967

Everything old is new again. LOL

Mucko
04-21-2020, 07:08 PM
lol i love it. Yeah I'm around 5 to 6k this year again budget wise.

Just wondering what the best 200g cakes, 500g cakes etc are. I havent had a show in 4 years so it's gotta be a solid comeback!

Mattp
04-21-2020, 10:28 PM
The land of taxation and commies ... NY OR CALI?? .. LOL... I purchased all mine from SO76 this year.. ordered nice and early.. and now will most likely have to hold it off until next year.. but will also purchase more and have a show twice the size .. and I’ve been waiting for the party to be on a Saturday for 6 years too!! Also using a cobra firing system now.. and can’t wait to pop my cherry with it

Fox One
04-21-2020, 10:32 PM
With a budget north of $5k, you should be able to put on a heckuva good show. That is enough coinage you could actually make a nice order from a couple different vendors. As for where to get it from, American Wholesale Fireworks, Spirit of 76 and WFBoom are always good to go. I wish I could help point you toward the "best" cakes, but unfortunately, I've found "best" to be quite subjective from one person to the next. It really all boils down to what tickles your fancy. There's so many great cakes and shell kits out there on the market these days. It is really hard to go wrong with any of them. Of all the various cakes on the market, only a very few come to mind that I would classify as bad. And that doesn't really mean there is anything wrong with them, they are just less appealing to my own personal tastes. But I can say I really like lots of stuff from World Class, Brothers, Winda, Megabanger, Megaton, T-Sky and Raccoon...which is a newer brand you may not be overly familiar with. And oddly enough, some of my favorite cakes remain some of those that have been around the longest, such as High Falutin', Saturday Night Special, Blonde Joke and Hit the Road Jack from Brothers. Just get on youtube and start checking out things. That is what I do when I get bored and when I find something that really grabs my attention in a good way, I jot down the info for future reference. Also, there has been tons of new canister shell kits that have hit the market over the last 4 years that are awesome.

Robbro097
04-22-2020, 01:43 AM
Im going with americanwholesalefireworks they have a good deal of brands to choose from and if u did choose to spend it all ther u could get in2 the elite level pricing on that order and all future orders from them.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-22-2020, 05:54 AM
I won't repeat what most have already said, but I would give a plug to SO76 and their Pro line, as well as AWF and their Dominator line. My buddy and I spent $17K between them both. We wouldn't have done that if their products weren't top notch.

Icooclast
04-22-2020, 10:27 AM
i ordered from 76 a long time ago and was VERY happy with the service and product.

another good place is bigfireworks.com & according to their also check their facebook for any other deals.

captainpryo
04-22-2020, 01:08 PM
I would say if you can join the NHPA club up there. They have a great group of guys up there and they do group buys with some companies that give them some really great pricing.

Fire Art
04-27-2020, 12:24 PM
We at Fire Art have a couple trucks heading out to New Hampshire for delivery and can always ship that way too. Wholesale by the case or piece. Check with us for delivery costs or shipping.

Mucko
05-05-2020, 04:58 PM
sorry everyone, been very busy with work oddly considering the situation today.

I previously had bought from bigfireworks and then sparkys on a wholesale price list.

Is there any group buys that are happening for those you'd all mentioned or did I miss that boat?

Mucko
05-05-2020, 04:59 PM
"I would say if you can join the NHPA club up there. They have a great group of guys up there and they do group buys with some companies that give them some really great pricing."

I did but I never made it to a club show so I let it go.

Can't stomach paying the "processing fees" of 90000 dollars

Mucko
05-05-2020, 09:41 PM
honestly, I think I'm going to finish my basement instead of lighting money on fire this year. thanks for the responses. Just not finding interest in the idea lately.

AxeElf
05-05-2020, 11:01 PM
honestly, I think I'm going to finish my basement instead of lighting money on fire this year. thanks for the responses. Just not finding interest in the idea lately.

Uh oh, an apostate...

So now what, do we just let him go, or what...?

Mississippipyro
05-06-2020, 07:38 AM
This is not acceptable pyro behavior lol.

I used American Wholesale, Spirit of 76, and Big Fireworks.
Great customer services at the first three.

BMoore
05-06-2020, 09:18 AM

I didn't think real pyro's ever said "lighting money on fire" LOL Whenever someone comments that "I'm just lighting my money on fire" my response is always to look at them quizzically and say "No, actually they are fireworks not money. Do you think money flies into the air and exploded into pretty colors when exposed to fire? If it did then hell yeah I'd light it on fire."

Lonely Bros Pyros
05-06-2020, 11:56 AM
We used Bada Boom for a wholesale order back in January or February. Lou was great to deal with. We used Fire Art last year and we just placed an order with them a few days ago. Again, we like dealing with these folks as well.

AxeElf
05-06-2020, 10:32 PM
I didn't think real pyro's ever said "lighting money on fire" LOL Whenever someone comments that "I'm just lighting my money on fire" my response is always to look at them quizzically and say "No, actually they are fireworks not money.

Ask them why they eat money for dinner every night...

ttam23
05-09-2020, 01:17 AM
with you budget I would buy from jakes they have a PA warehouse . you should be able to get a good deal with a 5 to 6 k order I just read the part about not buy fireworks this year , next year buy early

nightstalker
05-12-2020, 05:53 PM
As stated above try to order early ie around February or March. Most of the wholesalers I know give some pretty good discounts early.

brianp009
05-12-2020, 09:55 PM
You should check out Little China that advertises on this site. Eddie is awesome to deal with and will find what you need.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 03:49 AM
lol i love it. Yeah I'm around 5 to 6k this year again budget wise.

Just wondering what the best 200g cakes, 500g cakes etc are. I havent had a show in 4 years so it's gotta be a solid comeback!

No such thing, but I plan to get Evil Eye (CE20046) again and Under The Radar really kick too. For pretty cake their is Patriotism or MicKaelangleo / Academic Pyro and for new cake I like Ta-Dah! from Winda. I did Dragon with Re4d Light District and Gorilla Warfare. I often use 2 to 4 cake together. For instance Slam Dunk it good but 2 Slam Dunks with 1 seconds delay between them really kicks it.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 03:50 AM
That is only a midwest phenomenom. I can not order from Victory Inc until April or May.

Matt316
05-14-2020, 05:47 PM
Spirit of 76

Hoosierhick
05-14-2020, 09:11 PM
Give RKM fireworks out of Edwardsburg , Mi. a look , they have really good case prices and are really good people.

morrison2951
05-31-2020, 04:50 PM
Case of Brothers "Mob Madness" for my backyard 4th show.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 02:16 AM

I rebuild part of my fence and and redoing the garage but I am still taking time to shoot of a grand (wholesale) of fireworks. Whoohoo! I buy from a lot of brands, not Raccoon stuff here much but I would get some if the section were decent as it is with brands like Brother or Winda or even Magnus which has really expanded their line recently. I got a case of Fruit Punch coming. I expect to order it every year. I plan to light off Black Dynamite with Amazing Ballet and a few other cake for the finale. Last year I lit off 10 500G cakes at once, it lasted 45 seconds. It was a bit insane. I think I will do it on more sections this year. Black Dynamite, Amazing Ballet, 2 Neon Peacock cakes (20 seconds apart), Evil Eye (the fan cake not the stinky one), 2 One Bad Mother In-Laws, etc. My favorite is to do 500G at once. I did two Slam Dunks (PyroKing) half a second apart. It was awesome. State Of The Union with Amazing Ballet or State Of The Union with Just Because. The trick is getting the delay timing right so the work to compliment each other. Of course, you got to have an all red section with several 500G cakes, right? Dragon, Red Light District, etc. If I was not so busy I would have built a roman candle rack. Make you own cheap ass fan cake with it. The got some fancy roman candles these days.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 04:19 AM
Just Victory Inc this year. Anyone can see their prices because they have nothing to hide. Firing System depend on your budget. Of course, Cobra is the standard all other system are judged by. If you get the "import" ones GET THE CONSOLE. I toss out those push button remotes. I have shot a lot of video clips about them. I need which one to use and edit and post them. I have 8 sets of 12 cues for mine.

shniggysaurus
06-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Does anyone buy from redapple (https://www.redapplefireworks.com/)fireworks? They seem to have some decent stuff but not sure how it stacks up to the other sites.

jamisonlm3
06-04-2020, 03:48 AM
Shniggysaurus, I used to worry about that too, but I've come to the conclusion that everybody's product is basically on par with each other. Nobody has stuff that's better or worse than the other.

snickels
06-04-2020, 04:17 PM
As others have already said, www.americanwholesalefireworks.com. We carry the best of over 30 brands. We have no minimums and will give you our platinum pricing just for being a member of this group! I have lots of favorite cakes. If you are interested, please feel free to email me at sabrina@americanfireworks.com. I'd love to hear from you! Thanks!