PDA

View Full Version : COVID-19 Mitigation Fireworks

tmwjr
04-17-2020, 07:58 PM
I figured I'd share the project for tomorrow night. Life needs some fireworks at this moment. So we are doing a 5-minute show for the neighborhood. I know the 62mm racks are bulky...it's a tight shoot site so I'm more comfortable with them like that. It's nothing too long or over the top, but it hopefully it comes out ok.

Mattp
04-17-2020, 10:07 PM
Sweet!! Please post a video.. I could really use some fresh fireworks vids... think I watched every one out there in the last month.. lol

Rick_In_Tampa
04-18-2020, 12:45 AM
Looks like it's going to be a great show! Lots of nice products there. I'm sure the neighborhood will love and appreciate your efforts.

displayfireworks1
04-18-2020, 07:02 AM
Wow that is great, I see Articles of Pyrotechnics , Tannerite , MJG Initiators and the Cobra System. Look like a great show. I see you are from western Pa. Hope the rain we have been having clears. I like the rack holding the Modular Slice.

tmwjr
04-18-2020, 09:01 AM
Thanks all and I will hopefully post a video of it tonight or tomorrow. I'm excited to see those tannerite willows go off. I'm shooting 2 then 6 for the finale with 62mms above them at the end.

Dave, it's been like running the gauntlet here with fireworks between the constant rain and high wind.

Big Worm
04-18-2020, 11:22 AM
Wow that looks like a great setup! You won't be disappointed with that Mamoth brocade ring cake, it's one of my favorites. Looking forward to the video.

Icooclast
04-18-2020, 02:33 PM
good luck with your show, make sure you get video for us. when are you lighting them?

tmwjr
04-18-2020, 11:54 PM
We shot at around 845. I was down to the wire due to not having help and taking a cigar break.

Here are the issues: I forgot to turn the camera on until the last second. You can see I only catch the end of the first mines. And I had two items not fire. The red strobes were supposed to have white strobes with them and the brocade was supposed to go up with ring of fire. I had them set as step events in the script and to go off together. I thought that the bug was fixed but apparently not. I should pay more attention to the dry run. Nobody know except me. I will avoid it in the future.

Overall I'm very satisfied with it. The neighborhood was thrilled.

https://youtu.be/glrQjTMR9Iw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrQjTMR9Iw&feature=youtu.be
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4849&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4850&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4851&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4852&stc=1

Birdman
04-19-2020, 12:23 AM
Very Nice...Thanks for sharing!

rfgonzo
04-19-2020, 01:37 AM
No need for excuses, what you just did was put a smile on your neighbors faces (not including the old bat who's worried about her dogs ears) sorry had to....
You were able to bring people together in a time of uncertainty. Well done, Bravo and thanks for sharing.

Robbro097
04-19-2020, 02:32 AM
Nice show im sure the neighbors enjoyed. Nice cohiba as well real deal not the red dot

Rick_In_Tampa
04-19-2020, 05:07 AM
Great job! Definitely gets me thinking about my show this year.

FinnAmerican
04-19-2020, 11:23 AM
That finale was something... Thanks for the video...

tmwjr
04-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Thanks all! We got a lot of positive feedback from across the neighborhood. It was cool to see people blinking their lights from way on the other hill.

Those tannerite willows cakes are nice. I'm going to use them again for my next show with some larger 4 and 6 inch willows over the top of them. I'll be happy to leave the house and go up to the farm to let loose.

The Cohiba was nice. It came out of my special humidor. I don't smoke as much anymore so I have a decent stash.

tmwjr
04-19-2020, 03:33 PM
Also thanks to this forum and Dave's demo, I was prepared for those cakes to be about 22 seconds and not the 40 they have listed. I like them better faster anyways.

Mattp
04-19-2020, 10:19 PM
Great job!!! Sure put a smile on my face.. I could imagine how you and your neighbors felt!! Nice, steady pace, hard hitting show!!! What was the product for the main run in the finale ?? The tannerites?? Hard to find something that fast paced and breaking steadily in the same spot like that ... and man what a perfect piece of property for that too

PyroGyro
04-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Very nice!

Big Worm
04-20-2020, 08:33 AM
Great job! I also really enjoyed the show.

Bad Alibi Scott
04-20-2020, 10:37 AM
Great show, really like the Tannerite cakes. Going to pick up my stash on Friday for my 4th of July show. Your video got me a little more excited about making the long drive to get it.

PyroKing31
04-20-2020, 12:47 PM
Great show, really like the Tannerite cakes. Going to pick up my stash on Friday for my 4th of July show. Your video got me a little more excited about making the long drive to get it.

Sent you a PM

displayfireworks1
04-20-2020, 09:17 PM
Nice job on the display. I actually enjoyed the video more the second time I watched it. You neighbors are lucky to have you there shooting that display during the stay at home order. Nice to hear them cheer at the end. I also enjoyed you posting the daytime picture of the shoot site. That helps make the night video more enjoyable. I see you are in Western Pennsylvania , that is near me. Email me next time you have something going , I may be able to drive up and get some video. Also get that ATF license and throw a little boom toward the finale. Thanks for sharing it all

tmwjr
04-20-2020, 10:08 PM
Great job!!! Sure put a smile on my face.. I could imagine how you and your neighbors felt!! Nice, steady pace, hard hitting show!!! What was the product for the main run in the finale ?? The tannerites?? Hard to find something that fast paced and breaking steadily in the same spot like that ... and man what a perfect piece of property for that too

Yep the finale was mostly the tannerites. They are nice cakes and the price isn't terrible considering they're shipped to your door. It started with 2 then finished with 6.

tmwjr
04-20-2020, 10:29 PM
Nice job on the display. I actually enjoyed the video more the second time I watched it. You neighbors are lucky to have you there shooting that display during the stay at home order. Nice to hear them cheer at the end. I also enjoyed you posting the daytime picture of the shoot site. That helps make the night video more enjoyable. I see you are in Western Pennsylvania , that is near me. Email me next time you have something going , I may be able to drive up and get some video. Also get that ATF license and throw a little boom toward the finale. Thanks for sharing it all

Thank you and I appreciate all of your content. It has been super helpful in learning.

I do have my license already and worked a show last year. Unfortunately, my municipality isn't permit friendly and has ridiculous requirements with wanting you to be on an enormous property and requiring insurance. I only have about a 205' radius from where I shoot. I shoot the 1.3 stuff about 10 minutes from Cal. The permit process is nothing more than an email to the AHJ and a response saying ok and offering to send trucks. I will let you know when we shoot tho.

I ended up ordering some more product last night from American wholesale in case there are no shows around here on the fourth. I figured I would do another small one here on the fourth. We usually don't on the fourth.

PyroKing31
04-23-2020, 05:49 PM
What shells were those around the 2 minute mark?, really nice white tail to a solid big break.

tmwjr
04-23-2020, 07:47 PM
What shells were those around the 2 minute mark?, really nice white tail to a solid big break.

Dominator 1.4 pro color wave (12 shot)

https://americanwholesalefireworks.com/cake-12-shot-color-wave/

tmwjr
04-23-2020, 07:53 PM
I believe that there are several rewraps or extremely similar ones in a consumer version too.

Fire Art
04-27-2020, 12:40 PM
Same as the Detonator from Dominator in consumer.