PDA

View Full Version : Beginner's wireless system

FinnAmerican
04-13-2020, 04:44 PM
My (beginner's) wireless firing system.
Since I'm relatively new to shooting.
I thought it was no better time than to familiarize myself with the remote system. Starting out with the basic 12 cue modules priced at abt. $30 + talon igniters.
Unfortunately, I don't have any 200/500 cakes; due to store shutdown. I'll have to start off with 12 cues/channels connected to artillery shells. Waiting for Memorial Day weekend.
My question (for future reference): Can I connect multiple wires to each cue..?
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4838&stc=1

tmwjr
04-13-2020, 04:55 PM
Yes but they must be in parallel with talons. Before, I've done 3 talons in parallel with a similar system. I don't know about that specific system, but sometimes it's better to hold the button down until you see ignition on the cheap systems.

Tom

tmwjr
04-13-2020, 05:00 PM
I'll add that I recommend that you grab some initiators and play with them. I think you'll be happier with them.

Tgwinn
04-13-2020, 06:01 PM
I have a similar system. Has the same style cues but different remote box. I use initiators, in my opinion they work better and are more reliable. I have maxed out at 4 per cue.

Robbro097
04-13-2020, 07:25 PM
I started with same system fun and ez system worked great. Iv heard ppl say theyv had mods with a cue that fires soon as they cut mod on but i have never seen it in person but worth checking prior always better safe than sorry, but highly recommend firewire initiators better reliability and if u place directly in the lift there really is nothing like that feeling/seeing instant ignition.

rfgonzo
04-13-2020, 09:09 PM
Finn, Where are you at in Metro Detroit. I'm in Sterling Heights. I also have more of the system you have if your interested if you need more cues. I use cobra now so my Bilusocn 1200 doesn't get used much.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-14-2020, 04:29 AM
I started to reply and get all wonky, then I figured, nahh. He can read it for himself.

http://remotefiringsystems.com/blog/talon-nonpyrogen-clip-igniters-/

Should hopefully answer all your questions.

bingsbaits
04-14-2020, 01:30 PM
I just received the same exact set up yesterday. Waiting on my MJG igniters. Also received 50 tubes from Pyroboom. Man is their service and shipping fast..

morrison2951
04-14-2020, 09:57 PM
Still use my old 12 cue Quantum Fire system- think they closed up shop.

Welcome to the firing system club!

BMoore
04-15-2020, 09:25 AM
You can, but as stated earlier you will need to do talons in parallel rather than series. In addition to what's already been stated, definitely use fresh, quality batteries before each shoot especially if trying to do more than one off each cue. These things seem to use quite a bit of power especially with talons and there is no battery conservation while in standby either. Just because it lights up doesn't mean there is enough juice to fire. I have the same system and its pretty reliable. I've moved on to Cobra but still pull this out if I need to add a few more cues or if I'm testing something and don't want to drag out the Cobra.

pyroboom
04-16-2020, 10:04 AM
Can you show a picture of the back of these 4-cue receivers?

displayfireworks1
04-16-2020, 01:33 PM

Are you curious if it has 4 holes in the back for reprogramming ?

N.E. Pyrotechnics
04-28-2020, 01:08 PM
Not really adding anything here, other than maybe some clarification regarding using "clip" style initiators. The clip style, as you probably know, has a piece of ni-chrome wire that heats up when current flows through it. That piece of ni-chrome wire is a part of the electrical circuit that the current from your firing module is being carried on. If one of the wires were to burn through, any initiator that is down stream from the failed wire will not fire. I do not have a lot of fireworks experience, but I do have a pretty thorough understanding of electrical circuits, and electricity.
I have a system similar to yours as well. I have only used it twice, but both times the system worked just as it was supposed to go. I also agree with the post that suggested you check out the other style initiators. I don't think you will be disappointed.
A little off topic here, but noticed your from the Detroit area. Hello neighbor!

FinnAmerican
04-28-2020, 03:49 PM
Hi N.E. Pyrotechnics, thanks for the initiator info. I'am so new to wireless Firing; I haven't had the chance to test it, yet. By the way I live in Livonia. Closest stores: Phantom and Pro Fireworks.

displayfireworks1
04-28-2020, 06:28 PM
It sounds like some of these post are from fireworks enthusiast new to wireless fireworks firing. I have many videos about this. Also is everyone aware you can purchase a non regulated electric match type igniter call the Firewire ? Most people are moving away from the ni-chrome wire and moving into the Firewire. The Firewire works on even the small import wireless firing systems.

Fulliautomatix
04-28-2020, 09:13 PM

Are you curious if it has 4 holes in the back for reprogramming ?

The Bilusocn receiver modules are as follows:
left side: 7" telescoping antenna mounted
right side: 0/1 rocker switch
front side: nothing
back side: nothing
under side: 4 screws which hold the unit together, and the battery compartment sliding cover
top side:
- (4) spring loaded +/- wire ports
- (4) LEDs, 1 per cue
- (1) LED, centrally placed which indicates a firing signal is being received (between cue 2 & 3 slightly offset low)
- a hole immediately above the firing LED, which appears to have a microswitch inside

Dimensions: 2-5/8"W x 4-1/8"D x 7/8"H

Fulliautomatix
04-28-2020, 10:04 PM
Their website says (regarding programming receivers) "The receivers come pre-programmed for your convenience however they are reprogrammable. Locate a small hole in the center of the receiver and insert a paperclip or similar object. The receiver will flash then press a corresponding key on the remote. Now the receiver has been paired with the remote."

jamisonlm3
04-28-2020, 10:47 PM
If this was one of the cheap $30 systems, each module can only be programed to a set of buttons on the remote. The sets are 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12. All the modules can be programmed to 1-4 or only two of them with the last module set for 9-12 or 5-8. When I got my little system, I thought each cue could be programmed to any button, but that was system that cost quite a bit more.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:26 AM
Get the 1200 cues CONSOLE!!! It will make these remotes a LT more useful. I have shot a lot of videos about these unit and how they work and about programming them for using them with the CONSOLE that I need to edit.

Depends on you igniter, only 1 for those safety clips but 4 per connection for the ematch style igniters. The safety clip require a much higher energy to ignite.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:28 AM
Yeah, the manufacturer says you can use 4 instead of just 1 for the clips.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:29 AM
Get the Console! It is so much better then using the remotes.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:32 AM
Manufacturer state 4 in a parallel so 16 per unit and 48 per "area". Clips are still one each.

morrison2951
06-07-2020, 10:25 PM
I've asked this question before but never heard what happened to Quantum Fire. I believe that they were once a sponsor here and their beginner's firing systems were well thought of at the time.

I tracked down a nice condition pre-owned 12 cue Quantum Fire and used it successfully on NYE.

Did they disappear from the marketplace? Get swallowed up by another company, perhaps RemoteTech??

Inquiring minds want to know.... seems like a slightly better unit than the Chinese systems.