PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to shoot this year..?

FinnAmerican
04-05-2020, 08:07 PM
Is anyone having second thoughts about launching their show this year..? As pertaining to the gathering of small crowds. Do you normally have a display for a small group or just the immediate family, or only yourself.
I just shoot alone for myself, or whoever stops to take a look.
I'm waiting for delivery of a (beginner's) 12 que remote system. Then I'll finally pickup some 200/500 g. cakes. Never tried them before. Our Phantom store is now open by appointment only. Might also try Pro Fireworks store.

Ctpyro180
04-05-2020, 08:35 PM
I think we will all have to take it one day at a time this year. This virus is so new and unpredictable to the world, it's certainly not like any other natural or man made disaster we have ever experienced. Lets hope by the end of May the tides begin to turn and civilization as we knew it begins to stabilize....and again where is the epidemic and what area of the country it is effecting...

I know many of us are quite anxious to get out and if the time is right July 4th will be the day to celebrate life and what this country is all about.

..But if the 4th is cancelled this year, the Fireworks industry will be purged. Companies with good capital and good credit lines will survive the following 300 days or so...but smaller companies with low credit or low capital will perish even on life support if they don't get their ducks in line NOW...

The Chinese fireworks industry will also suffer a devastating third wave loss with exports down for the 2021 season, unless larger importers work the deals and stuff their warehouses with inventory long lines of credit .

Like my father said during the height of a vicious battle in World War II while he was fighting in North Africa...Sitting in a foxhole filled with stagnate water, vomit and other human excretions , everyone held onto their butts and prayed even the atheists..."There are no atheists in foxholes"

Were in a battle folks...lets pray us, our family and friends hoping we all stay healthy, pray for a medical miracle and all make it for the 4th...to celebrate life !

Rick_In_Tampa
04-05-2020, 11:48 PM
My fireworks have been bought and paid for since January. So unless I'm 6' under due to corona or some other "thing", my pyro is going up on July 4th.
As for celebrating life... I do that every day I go home and get to watch and play with my 1 year old grandson. I do as much as I can with him now because he's only going to be this young today. Not tomorrow. The same applies to all of us. You're as young today as you ever will be for the rest of your life. Enjoy it today. Don't wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow will never get here.

I'm a member of a retired Air Force members group on Facebook. One guy recently posted something I thought was really cool. Really summed it up for me. He wrote.. Life isn't about being cautious and careful and passing away at a ripe old age and leaving a pretty corpse. Life is a ride you take that should end with you sliding into your coffin with your hair on fire and lights and sirens blaring while screaming "Wow!! What a f-in ride that was!!"

Birdman
04-06-2020, 12:08 PM
I will be shooting. It will just be a matter of where and how much. Right now I can't get all of the product I intended to have in my show. I'm assuming my usual 4th show will be cancelled or will not go as planned. If that's the case I will either do a scaled down show at a smaller gathering or just go rouge in my backyard. I'm just taking it day by day and I'll adjust as needed.

I'm really hoping the antibody test becomes more widely available in the coming weeks because I suspect my wife and I already had the virus. We were not tested because testing was either not available (when my wife first became sick) or just becoming available (when I became sick). Tests were only being given to those with specific symptoms (i.e. high fever and shortness of breath). We now know that not everyone has the more severe symptoms and as we learn more we become more convinced we had it. It would be nice to know for sure.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-07-2020, 03:14 AM
Hopefully "had" is the operative word there. I heard that the CDC is looking for people who have had it to donate blood. Maybe they will test you if you go down to donate blood??

Birdman
04-07-2020, 11:42 AM
Hopefully "had" is the operative word there. I heard that the CDC is looking for people who have had it to donate blood. Maybe they will test you if you go down to donate blood??

That's a good idea...something worth looking into!

jamisonlm3
04-07-2020, 12:35 PM
No clue what's happening. Might be a chance that I can actually shoot some of my own stuff off on the the 4th. Then again, I might just stay at hope. My fireworks aren't going to expire this year.

Dion
05-31-2020, 11:41 PM
Not scared here! Ill be lighting fuses all day and night! That virus can kiss my A** and the sheep can stay inside for all I care! Just bought a new home in PA with 2.5 acres so you bet your ASS its on! Goodbye lame old CT!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-01-2020, 06:27 AM
Lol.. Light it up man!! :cool:

Robbro097
06-01-2020, 01:06 PM
Im shooting this year planning on doing a lil graduation show for my nephew and his friends last Saturdayof june and just heard neighbor has a kid graduating this year so inviting them and their friends this is a rough year to graduate so feels good to do something for a few them then my normal fourth of july show and looking like may b a larger than normal turn out because of so many city shows having canceled and still no word on cedar point but i have at least 2 acres for them to spread out as they see fit and still have great view im not gonna try and police them at this point every1 knows what to do and not and they can wiegh those risk.

chriskrc
06-03-2020, 07:16 AM
Not sure whats taking place this year. We have every plan to shoot but unfortunately I work for the local highway Department where I live and our town had to do furloughs. Fortunately I wasn't furloughed but we are not sure about whats going to take place here in the near future. I hear ya Dion light it up and celebrate otherwise.

bani
06-06-2020, 06:47 PM
shoot is on this year.

pimpdaddee28
06-08-2020, 03:53 AM
As far as I'm concerned, there will definitely be one this year!!

Birdman
06-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Looks like my family's 4th party is on. I wasn't expecting that so I'm behind on planning and logistics but should have enough time to get caught up. The party is nearly 6 hours from where I live and where all of my product currently is. The original plan was to get the product to the site over memorial day weekend and poke, wire, fuse most everything. Looks like I may be taking the 6 hour drive this weekend to get back on track.

Rocketshooter
06-09-2020, 09:30 AM
No problems here. Friends and family all looking forward to the show this year.

PyroKing31
06-09-2020, 09:40 AM
Stuffing as much as I can on a 8x8 floating platform. should be 200 1.75 shells. 40 3" and a mix of cakes of what I can cram in there.