PDA

View Full Version : Firework Collecting

fireworkguy98
04-05-2020, 10:06 AM
Hey everyone, I've been beginning to like the idea of collecting vintage fireworks or just really differently packaged or labeled stuff, namely firecracker packs especially but everything peaks my interest. The only issue is, i have no idea where to start looking, any ideas? Ive only seen the same about 3 generic name brands of firecrackers in my area considering until 2017 we weren't even allowed to buy them in this state. Maybe flea markets?

RalphieJ
04-05-2020, 11:14 AM
ebay. There are some nice ones on there. Be aware that there's a lot of counterfeits out there, but they're very good for the most part. I don't know if that would bother you. I have a lot of brick labels that I purchased a long time ago, and they are excellent.....I enjoy them very much. Good luck!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-05-2020, 11:18 PM
If you can make it to a PGI convention they have a very large selection of vintage fireworks for sale.

Icooclast
04-06-2020, 11:04 AM
i have a question about collecting fireworks: are the fireworks still able to be lit or are they already lit? can't say i've heard much about collecting, but now am curious.

RalphieJ
04-06-2020, 01:51 PM
ebay. There are some nice ones on there. Be aware that there's a lot of counterfeits out there, but they're very good for the most part. I don't know if that would bother you. I have a lot of brick labels that I purchased a long time ago, and they are excellent.....I enjoy them very much. Good luck!

Hah! I meant to say I purchased reproduced brick labels, copied on a high-quality color printer, and they're great!

PyroJoeNEPA
04-06-2020, 07:22 PM
There are a lot of people that collect vintage firecrackers [and/or labels]. There is a lot to know about them--just like any hobby--stamp, coin collecting, etc. Personally, I am not versed in all the intricacies of the different things to look for in vintage crackers, but there are several people on here that are collectors. Perhaps some of then can jump in with their input.
Lots of people get their collectables fro other pyros at club shoots. Once you find out who the [layers are, you can start networking and meeting other collectors.
There are also sites for vintage collectors out there. Good luck with your quest.

ttam23
05-09-2020, 01:33 AM
look for fireworks that say class c on the label

ttam23
05-09-2020, 01:43 AM
all the collectible fireworks i have seen have not been lit. I would not recommend lighting very old fireworks for 2 reasons . first old fireworks in general are not as good a modern ones ( exceptions jumping jacks, fire crackers . ground bloom flowers and some small rockets ) second why would you want to destroy old collectibles

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:20 AM
LOTS of them on Facebook forums, fireworks I never knew existed. Facebook is not worth a lot but for stuff like this it is useful.

AquaticPyro
05-13-2020, 04:21 AM
Ground Bloom Flower lasted a LOT longer, 20 to 30 seconds not 3 to 5 like now.