PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Illinois, Question below.

rising-star
03-30-2020, 11:15 PM
Hello everyone,
New member from southern suburbs of Chicago. 25 years old and a fireworks lover since I could remember, and hobbyist since I have been old enough to handle properly(consumer). I have been rolling around the idea of getting a type 54 for a few years now but could never really look up specific answers to my questions/concerns. Any help would be appreciated or a stern answer back if the question is negligent..

-If I obtained my type 54 as a hobbyist used strictly for 4th of July and new years, and bought 1.3g products from neighboring Indiana, does the vendor need to be given information about shoot dates and other specifics? Or only local municipalities and ATF?

-No Magazine is planned and fireworks would be used the day of sale.

-Another main concern would be, and this might be a stupid question. what would the protocol and other ways members have handled rain and elements cutting a show short? As if there was a few cakes one could not possibly light off on the specific date of the show with no magazine storage, would it be okay to use it the next day or would I have to get a permit just for 30 seconds of fun?

Thank you for any responses and stay healthy and safe during these tough times!

Crush630
03-31-2020, 03:20 PM
Send me a message.

Crush630
03-31-2020, 03:22 PM
If you're looking to shoot in IL, you are going to need ALOT more then your 54.

displayfireworks1
03-31-2020, 05:49 PM
If you need help obtaining the ATF Fireworks license consider purchasing my ATF/DVD application package. It answers many common questions and explains the licensing process.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

cjurczak
05-05-2020, 12:15 PM
I'm also from Illinois, have you decided to move forward with your 54? Where are you in Illinois, I hope you aren't to discouraged with Illinois over-regulation. Get your 54, and partner up with a display company that might be able to help you out with training, insurance, licensing, etc.