PDA

View Full Version : First Firing System!!

YorkPyro
03-25-2020, 09:22 PM
Super excited!! Just got my first firing system. and am about to order some Red Dragon Igniters. I just bought a simple 12 cue from Amazon. so hopefully it works great to get me started for this year. And hopefully upgrade next year. Well unless I win a Cobra giveaway of course.

displayfireworks1
03-26-2020, 05:27 AM
Those are great systems to start with as you experiment with wireless firing. Its also nice to see you found something to be excited about and shared it here.

PyroKing31
03-26-2020, 10:37 AM
I have a similar system, Biluscon 1200 with 72 cues, it works very well for my needs. Hits 300 foot of range that ive tested. Fires 3 e-matches per cue with ease. Make sure to use high discharge AA batteries. I recommend using e-matches over talon style igniters.

Tgwinn
03-26-2020, 10:15 PM
I also bout a similar one to pyroking31, mine has 60 cues. This will be my first show using it. However I've done some simple testing. I'm happy with the simplicity to it, cant wait to use it full scale. I'm gonna test using speaker wire to see if I can get a little distance from each cue.

rfgonzo
03-26-2020, 10:37 PM
Congrats, Start saving $$$ now for Cobra cuz you are about to get bit by the bug!!!!! I do still use my old Biluscon from time to time and I still get a kick out of pushing each button.

PyroKing31
03-27-2020, 05:32 PM
I also bout a similar one to pyroking31, mine has 60 cues. This will be my first show using it. However I've done some simple testing. I'm happy with the simplicity to it, cant wait to use it full scale. I'm gonna test using speaker wire to see if I can get a little distance from each cue.

a roll of Scab wire is super cheap to extend, and I know Rick_in_tampa had found a crimper and easy crimps to make connecting them all a breeze.

morrison2951
03-27-2020, 09:19 PM
Sweet! I still use my older 12 cue Quantum Fire system. It's fun to plan shows with these little units.

Tgwinn
03-27-2020, 11:49 PM
a roll of Scab wire is super cheap to extend, and I know Rick_in_tampa had found a crimper and easy crimps to make connecting them all a breeze.

Can you give me more info please?

Rick_In_Tampa
03-28-2020, 12:25 AM
Can you give me more info please?

PyroJoeNEPA posted the info in another thread. Here's his message:

I have been using the UY connectors for years. When I had my sound system installation business [now retired] I used tens of thousands of them over the years. The Scotch are a very good quality and meant for lonngevity. For fireworks, it is a "one shot & throw it away" use--so I use the less expensive china imports. We have used several thousand over the last few years--all our one shots for our PGI shows in 2013 & 2016 had them...here is a link for the connectors on ebay as well as the pliers: on the pliers, when I bought mine 30 + years ago I paid over $30.00 for a pair. Now you can get them for $8.00 !!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-x-Air-T...s/182523163829

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scotchlok-S...0AAOSwOjhdX8GA

On the smaller #24 gauge scab wire it is not necessary to strip the wires. If you have the larger #20ga you need to strip the scab wire--but not the ematch wire.

DavidthePyro
03-28-2020, 06:25 PM
I discovered those connectors on my own a little while ago, they are great! I love that they're simple and effective. I'm going to be using the same firing system this year, 84 total cues for 640 canister shells and 109 500 gram cakes. I am going to fuse 2 cakes and a rack per cue, except my pre finale and finale. each rack and cake will have it's own cue for the finales. 3 positions, outer positions mirror eachother and the modules are doubled up for all those cues. Love the planning ability this firing system has given me. Someday I'll get bit

PyroKing31
03-28-2020, 07:24 PM
I discovered those connectors on my own a little while ago, they are great! I love that they're simple and effective. I'm going to be using the same firing system this year, 84 total cues for 640 canister shells and 109 500 gram cakes. I am going to fuse 2 cakes and a rack per cue, except my pre finale and finale. each rack and cake will have it's own cue for the finales. 3 positions, outer positions mirror eachother and the modules are doubled up for all those cues. Love the planning ability this firing system has given me. Someday I'll get bit

Wow that is quite the show, over 6 cases of cans.

Hope you catch it on video!

Zippster
03-28-2020, 07:43 PM
Used to use those all the time when I did phone service.