PDA

View Full Version : TN ATF type 54 interview this week

dbroome
03-03-2020, 03:33 PM
I have my Type 54 interview scheduled for this week and wanted to reach out for any advice specific for Tennessee. When the inspector called to schedule he requested I review the TN license/permit information. A couple questions come to mind:

1) If I understand what I have read on here, the state licenses should not be required to get the federal license. There is a chance the inspector may try and convince me to withdraw my application, but I should persist should that come up.

2) For those that do have the state license, which did you get? Since my desire is only for a personal show on a private property, and possibly shooting at demos, I'm confused if I would need to go for the Operator license or the Exhibitor license.

Thanks in advance!

displayfireworks1
03-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Approximately how many miles is it from the ATF office he is coming out of to your home and how many days from now is your interview?

dbroome
03-04-2020, 10:18 AM
It's about 15 miles, and he's coming Friday.

displayfireworks1
03-04-2020, 09:19 PM
If he is that close he may try to get you to withdraw the application. If you were a 100 mile away he would have dropped some stuff on you through the phone so he wouldn't waste the trip. If you do not know what to do if he tries to get you to do sign to withdraw. Don't do anything except get his name, cell phone and email. Also see if he will write down exactly what he wants. Not tell you and you write it. He writes it. Or the ATF may just want you to be aware of these state regulations and proceed with the license. Let us know how it goes.

dbroome
03-04-2020, 10:59 PM
Thanks! I'll follow that advice and hope all goes well.

dbroome
03-06-2020, 02:38 PM
Interview went great. Two gentleman came out and went over the application (I believe one was a trainee). They asked some clarification questions and made sure I knew about Tennessee requirements. Then they went over a few of the laws and said that all was well and I should get the permit in a few weeks. It was about as painless as could be. Thanks Dave!

displayfireworks1
03-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Glad the interview went well. We had an inspector retire in Tennessee when he had to issue a license to someone wanting to attend the Fire Art demo. Lol so the probably hired someone

dbroome
03-28-2020, 01:35 PM
I received my Type 54 in the mail yesterday. Process was very smooth. Now I just need to figure out what I can do to get the Tennessee license/permits...

displayfireworks1
03-28-2020, 06:40 PM
Congratulations on receiving the ATF license. Sounds like the ATF process is going along smoothly in Tennessee.