PDA

View Full Version : Time To Re-Remember My DMX Programming :)

esgrillo
03-03-2020, 10:03 AM
Well the fireworks script has been done for some time now, getting busy on the lighting and flame effects portion of the show.;)

..... and no, I dont test the flame machines in the house lol.

I will be able to control this again with the Cobra remote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hky-qz6YoX0

Crush630
03-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Try using FreeStyler DMX its Free. If you are wanting to spend money on a DMX PC based controller, there are many out there, let me know.

esgrillo
03-03-2020, 05:59 PM
Try using FreeStyler DMX its Free. If you are wanting to spend money on a DMX PC based controller, there are many out there, let me know.

I'm using Compushow SDE dongle/software so have all I need. I needed a package that accepts a midi trigger from the Cobra Audiobox which is what led me to this combo

displayfireworks1
03-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Looking good down there in Texas. I hope your friends and family appreciate all the hard work and financial commitment you put in these neighborhood displays.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-05-2020, 05:27 AM
I know I appreciate his hard work!! Ed is the man when it comes to backyard pyro shows. If people on this board aren't following him and picking his brain, they're wasting a golden opportunity to learn!

Scotty Rockets
03-10-2020, 12:25 PM
I’m getting interested in mixing DMX lasers and flames into pyro. So far I’m not very happy with my chinese flame machines. Currently looking at some moon light and laser all in one PAR lights.

Scotty Rockets
03-10-2020, 12:26 PM
I’m liking this particular unit x3
https://www.parts-express.com/chauvet-dj-swarm-4-fx-led-dmx-three-in-one-moonflower-laser-strobe-effects-light--243-5117

esgrillo
03-10-2020, 08:44 PM
I’m liking this particular unit x3
https://www.parts-express.com/chauvet-dj-swarm-4-fx-led-dmx-three-in-one-moonflower-laser-strobe-effects-light--243-5117

Chinese flame machines are POS but I use them since they are so damn cheap, I use them 1x year, and I don't mind the maintenance too much now that I know it has to be done.

I took a look at that laser light. In my novice and humble opinion, that will not work at all in an outdoor venue with fireworks. The lasers are way too underpowered. I had 2 of these Xstatic IKE RGB X-LRGB326 and they were almost impossible to see and they are 2x the power of the one you are looking at. Just offering my POV based on my experience last year.

esgrillo
03-10-2020, 08:44 PM
I know I appreciate his hard work!! Ed is the man when it comes to backyard pyro shows. If people on this board aren't following him and picking his brain, they're wasting a golden opportunity to learn!

Thanks for the kind words Rick

Scotty Rockets
03-10-2020, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the laser advice. I’m hoping since DMX and pyro is getting pretty popular that maybe in the near future we will see someone come out with a much more affordable pro quality flame thrower. Any recommendation on LED wattage on DMX PAR lights?

esgrillo
03-11-2020, 12:16 AM
I have 140w Chauvet 140SR's. They are not led but metal halide. If I did it all over again I would just go with cheaper 200w+ beam only rotating head instead of the wash to beam that mine can do. You cant see the lights at all when they are in wash... not enough luminance especially when there are fireworks going. Plus you have to have smoke in the correct location for the beams to reflect off. It has been a challenge for me to get these devices to look good to the audience but I keep working at it.

You can see in the beginning of my last two shows on the 4th where I have lights in 2018 and lights/lasers/flames in 2019.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-11-2020, 05:31 AM
Ed I think you should quit playing games and just ring the retention pond with gas mines. :cool:

RoosterWalt
03-11-2020, 01:37 PM
I'll 2nd what Rick said!! And even though I'm not picking anyone's brain... I was certainly inspired to do a "real" show after watching one of Ed's video's.

rfgonzo
03-11-2020, 11:24 PM
I see some ridiculousness.....

Rick_In_Tampa
03-24-2020, 02:38 AM
I see some ridiculousness.....

Spending thousands of dollars and many many many hours of time toiling to put together a fireworks show that only lasts 15 minutes is, by definition, ridiculous. But we do it anyway because we love pyro!

Crush630
03-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Hell Yeah Rick!

I've got 3 HES Technobeams, 3 HES AF1000 Dataflash, 2 Martin Roboscan 918 PRO (575-watt bulb 50k lumens), 2 Martin Wizard Extreme (awesome multi beam effects with pyro smoke) and 1 Elation Proton Color Strobe.

Once this virus is over, I have a mini pyro/light show ill record. With all this downtime, I created an entire 10min light show.

Altarr
06-22-2020, 01:31 AM
Chinese flame machines are POS but I use them since they are so damn cheap, I use them 1x year, and I don't mind the maintenance too much now that I know it has to be done.

I took a look at that laser light. In my novice and humble opinion, that will not work at all in an outdoor venue with fireworks. The lasers are way too underpowered. I had 2 of these Xstatic IKE RGB X-LRGB326 and they were almost impossible to see and they are 2x the power of the one you are looking at. Just offering my POV based on my experience last year.

Hi

What maintenance are you referring too? Have a couple used last year and would like to make sure they are good to go for this year.

Altarr

esgrillo
06-22-2020, 09:36 AM
If they do not have nitrile material as the seal ring, you will have to replace the nozzle. Almost guaranteed.

Altarr
06-30-2020, 04:30 PM

Do you know what the oring size is?