PDA

View Full Version : 2020 stash time

Cheflife222
02-14-2020, 03:05 AM
Its that time of year again, were all getting our stashes ready and some are even growing by the week! Cant wait to see what's in store for 2020!

Fox One
02-14-2020, 03:25 AM
Growing by the week would be an accurate assessment. While there comes a time each season that I make a bulk order, not a week passes that I don't buy something fireworks related. Somehow buying in that way is better for my psyche. Dropping two or three grand in one lump sum for fireworks is somewhat distressing for me and hard to justify at times. But if I spread it out in dribs and drabs, it doesn't seem so noticeable. Now I know that doesn't make any sense from a logical standpoint. Either way you are spending the same amount. Still, it just "feels" more palatable to do it that way. So I usually visit my local supplier once each week and get a 500 gram cake and a 200 gram cake. Or maybe one week I'll get a 24 pack of canister shells. Some weeks I'll double up and get two 500 gram cakes and two 200 gram cakes, like I did this week. Granted, I have a good local hook-up that allows me to buy at wholesale prices no matter how big or small each individual purchase is. So that helps. But this strategy allows me to accumulate a good size stash during the course of a year. And buying in small amounts just makes the expenditures less noticeable.

Sometime this month or next, I'll put in for a bulk order probably coming out to a total of about $1,000 to $1,200, then I'll largely be done for the year, minus things like batteries, Uhaul tape, fuse and MJG initiators. Based on current inventory, that should put me up to a total of about 3 cases of 60 gram cans, upwards of a hundred 500 gram cakes and a similar number of 200 gram cakes with a smattering of various candles tossed in. That should be sufficient to put on the large show I wish to have with a heavy finale. Now if only I lay it out well, fuse it and wire it properly and get a little help from Mother Nature along the way....

Cheflife222
02-14-2020, 03:56 AM
I completely agree I actually live 10 mins from spirit of 76 so I could actually put in a nice wholesale order and pick it up myself with virtually no extra cost for shipping or driving long distances to pick my order up, yet I still find myself debating on whether to do so haha! If I spend my budget early on a big wholesale order I will without a dought get a better deal per piece, but like you said it's harder mentally to just do that at once. Not to mention I love going to tents and stores and looking around at product I've never let off and picking up things that are new or even been around but I just havent seen. But I feel like if I spend my budget now to get a wholesale order, then when I go check out those places closer to the 4th I will still buy those items I see and want even though my budget is already filled ( because let's be honest I'm a pyro and wont be able to resist not buying them hahaha) alright that was kinda of a rant but that's the situation I'm in right now. Keep in mind spirit of 76 has a $2000 min. For there gold pricing wholesale�� I wish I could just go there every week or 2 and buy a case or 2 at a time. That would be a dream come true

Birdman
02-14-2020, 02:49 PM
I also hate dropping a bunch of money at one time. I usually pick up a few things every couple of weeks. Not only does it make things seem easier on my wallet, but it keeps the wife from questioning how much I'm spending. When she gets her hair and nails done I make a trip to the fireworks store :D

However, I think next year I will make a wholesale purchase and largely be done with it. One of the biggest things I've learned since joining this forum is the how, when, where and what of buying fireworks. However, I'm also learning how to go through my stash faster and the need for hardware so the budget still keeps growing.

I still need to acquire more hardware so that is going to continue to eat up a good chunk of change for the next couple of years. This year I dropped about double my previous year's 4th budget on a Cobra system and I still want a lot more cues and an audio box. I also need about about 100 more tubes to be where I want to be there. Not to mention adding some pyrolamas down the road. I think I'm at the point though where I can purchase hardware incrementally and make a large wholesale purchase without my family feeling like I need an intervention :)

Cheflife222
02-14-2020, 03:44 PM
Sent you a pm

Mattp
02-15-2020, 09:11 AM
Got a full load yesterday.. 25 cases from SO76.. plus I have a good handful left from last year.. I still have a small 1.4 pro order to place with American wholesale.. and won?t be able to pickup my 1.3 till the day of.. but have already reserved it... I dropped a but load a money this month .. plus bought some cobra equipment last month... I agree with the psyche that doing it spread out eases the mind.. but sometimes just gotta do it.. I?ll get over it!!! .. LOL .. http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4771&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4772&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4773&stc=1

DavidthePyro
02-15-2020, 09:20 AM
I placed my wholesale order a few weeks baxk, 28 full cases and another 10 or so split cases, more specifically- 109 500g cakes and 650 or so can shells. Put 50% down and waiting to see when product comes in. I'm not exactly sure yet how I'm going to get it all home, but I have a few months to figure that out

Rick_In_Tampa
02-16-2020, 07:32 AM
My buddy and I spent a record amount this year ($17K) but ended up with the same amount of product. I went $1K over budget too. We did get some Dominator stuff this year from AWF, but like I said, cake for cake, I have exactly the same amount of product as last year. So prices definitely went up and took a chunk out of my budget. That's okay though. I didn't need to eat this month anyway.

Mattp
02-18-2020, 09:27 AM
holy $h!t rick!!

PyroGyro
02-18-2020, 04:42 PM
17K of product? Wow, I can't even imagine that, but on the other hand Rick and others were right about this hobby. It's addicting.

To put it in perspective, last 4th of July/7 months ago I shot a one position show in my backyard wired entirely with Visco, with a budget of about $1,200, and all the product was 1.4 at near retail prices. Since then I've joined a club, bought 4 Cobra mods and 2 pyrolamas, shot my first Efired show, and am planning on shooting a fully automated 3 position show in the spring with about 3k worth of wholesale product, much of it being 1.4Pro. And doing this show before a crowd of about 2500 people too. I've also been experimenting with modifications and crewed on my first 1.3 show as well, with plans on crewing on a few more 1.3 shows this year too. When will it stop? :D

Chubbles
02-18-2020, 06:52 PM
I've got enough mortars for our multifamily neighborhood show. I just want to get some 500gm repeaters. Just buying a few at a time.

rfgonzo
02-18-2020, 11:38 PM
I'm way behind the eight ball this year. My only stash is last years leftovers and unfortunately none of them are in this years script.

Rick_In_Tampa
02-23-2020, 07:08 AM
holy $h!t rick!!

Yeah, I know. I need help. Help buying more that is!! :cool:

Seems like a lot, but like I said, I have exactly the same amount of 500G cakes as last year. Price increase really hit the wallet hard this year. Really looking forward to the Dominator products. I think people are going to love them. I just need to find time to start writing the script!

Rick_In_Tampa
02-23-2020, 07:10 AM
When will it stop? :D

Sounds like you have a very busy summer ahead! Very cool. Just be sure to post the show videos.

As for when it will stop... If you're lucky, it won't!

Mississippipyro
03-13-2020, 04:24 PM
Start of my 2020 stash: mostly leftover from last with three new cakes (bottom right of one of the pics) not pictured my Cobra investment 2 72M units and the remote. Stepping up my game this year.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4804&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4805&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4806&stc=1

upNdown
03-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Just getting started for this year. Me and my buddy have been doing a 4th should for 3-4 years, that keeps growing. Last time we did about 80 cakes and 150 shells. But if those 80 cakes, probably at least 65 of them were smaller 200 gram cakes. This year, hopefully it will be fewer cakes, but many more 500 grammers. The most exciting thing here is whacky tobacky. Neither of us have shot or seen a NOAB, but based on the videos it just looks so much better than the 60g cans.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4814&stc=1

morrison2951
03-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Whacky Tobacky rocks! Love the thumps coming out of the tubes and the huge breaks.

Robbro097
03-14-2020, 08:42 PM
These are the onlything new that i have on hand. I have a half pallet or so of leftovers and a small preorder in for some dominator pro mostly slices. Its going to be a small show this year ending with my 1st attempt at a pyromusical. 1 song with a cobra 72m and audiobox should b a fun learning experience. http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4815&stc=1

Mississippipyro
03-16-2020, 06:07 AM
These are the onlything new that i have on hand. I have a half pallet or so of leftovers and a small preorder in for some dominator pro mostly slices. Its going to be a small show this year ending with my 1st attempt at a pyromusical. 1 song with a cobra 72m and audiobox should b a fun learning experience. 4815

Lol, that's my only new item too.

PyroBubba
03-18-2020, 08:02 PM
17 cases from Patriotic this week:

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4818&stc=1

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4819&stc=1

In August, we got 11 cases from Patriotic:

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4820&stc=1

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4821&stc=1

So that's 28 cases so far, plus we have three more cases (Shocking Pink cakes, Blue Thunder candles, Fortress Stronghold shells) and also a few dozen assorted shells left over from last year.

"A good start," in other words.

Mississippipyro
03-19-2020, 07:36 AM
Cleared space yesterday for a 21 case order from Spirit of 76 yeah!!!! Shipped yesterday arriving tomorrow.

MontanaMike
03-23-2020, 04:19 PM
I did a combined buy with a friend for this year so our stash is on 3 wfboom pallets, currently sitting snug and safe in our warehouse. I sure hope we get to set it off this year! With all the craziness going on, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CDC put a halt to backyard barbecues and fireworks shows.

Chubbles
03-23-2020, 09:24 PM
Ours is a neighborhood show. I have mortars. With the virus lately, stores are closed. I'd like a few more 500 gram cakes. I have no idea when they'll reopen. Oh well.

Rick_In_Tampa
03-24-2020, 02:03 AM
With all the craziness going on, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CDC put a halt to backyard barbecues and fireworks shows.

Ha!! Good luck with that I say. That's just not going to happen if I can help it. :cool:

Jay_
05-17-2020, 03:35 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4892&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4893&stc=1

Picked up some 1/1's and some shells yesterday along with a few assorted cakes

Rick_In_Tampa
05-18-2020, 04:33 AM
I'm feeling it. It's starting to get real again. I have a buddy coming over Saturday to help me start fusing cakes. I'm going to sit him down with 300 mortars and have him do those too! lol... :o

Still have to go and pick up more tannerite from my other friend. I swear... There's always just one more thing to do in this business....

hatsgoods
05-19-2020, 01:09 AM
im sadly stuck with the all anti Christ of fireworks, there one tent about 3 miles from me about a week before the 4th and then 2 days after so till the 6th of July. but just this last Wednesday the local stores put out the stuff. how ever the brand has good smoke balls for this style and for $2 a box plus tax and 8 smoke ball a box is not bad cost for my area bad. so here are some photos. i got the 3 boxes of smoke balls and the 3 boxes of the morning glories yesterday just to have a fuse to light. ill post a few pics of the display they have in my local target and a a video of it from this year and last year. i also grabbed a fresh new can of MAP gas from home depot too. ill prbley get shot from this post but i dont shop at the real stores and tents. ill only get the stuff from secondary chain stores that has it for cheaper. the YouTube video is last year ( 2019 ). ill have to upload this years setup to YouTube as i haven't had time to upload it yet even though its only like 2 mins long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1z7lbzLHk

Rick_In_Tampa
05-19-2020, 06:22 AM
I asked my kid to take a pic of my stash and send it to me. The pic doesn't do it justice but, here's what he sent me.

Zap85
05-19-2020, 01:29 PM
That stack of yellow cases in the corner is what I'm most jealous of, will take me a couple years to acquire that many without causing a divorce.

Mississippipyro
05-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Quick pics, still building up. Thought I was done with purchasing but..... I see another order coming soon lol.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4907&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4908&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4908&stc=1

Rick_In_Tampa
05-20-2020, 12:11 AM
That stack of yellow cases in the corner is what I'm most jealous of, will take me a couple years to acquire that many without causing a divorce.

My wife and I have an understanding when it comes to my hobbies. She won't ask me what I spend, and I won't have to lie to her. Seems to be working well so far.

Robbro097
05-20-2020, 12:24 AM
I like seeing all these stash pics and hearing about multiple order because i do the same thing so when im looked at sideways by some 1 for having pallets of fireworks and more on order i know im not alone.

esgrillo
05-20-2020, 11:44 AM
76 stuff arrived last week... Dominator in a couple...

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4920&stc=1

Mississippipyro
05-21-2020, 05:29 AM
76 stuff arrived last week... Dominator in a couple...

Hi Ed, your video have been great inspiration for my show last year and more so this year. What would you estimate your setup time to be?

esgrillo
05-21-2020, 08:32 AM
Hi Ed, your video have been great inspiration for my show last year and more so this year. What would you estimate your setup time to be?

It was a couple weeks of nights in the garage and set up day was about 4-5 hrs

Mississippipyro
05-21-2020, 02:01 PM
It was a couple weeks of nights in the garage and set up day was about 4-5 hrs
Ok thanks, one more question. How many people did you have for set up on show day? Sorry for all the questions learning as I go, kinda.

Berserker23
05-21-2020, 03:54 PM
Not the best pictures I?m not taking them all out but here?s my list
����2020 Fireworks ����

Total of 76 Cakes

33 200 gram cakes
Qty2 honey badger
Qty 2 boneyard
Qty 2 sky diamond
Qty 2 extreme ride
Qty 2 war hog motorcycle
Qty 2 grapes over vineyard
Qty 2 chili pepper finish
Qty 2 roadshow
Qty 2 jaw breaker
Qty 1 robot wars
Qty 1 absolute evil
Qty 2 eye of the tiger
Qty1 after burner
Qty 1 gone bananas
Qty 1 ultimate warrior
Qty 1 extreme rider
Qty 1 angry wife
Qty 1 dawg tired
Ridin dirty
Sin city
Qty 2 Truck Yeah
Pit crew

43 500 gram cakes
Qty 2 doomsday
Qty 2 a taste of heat
Qty 2 gravedigger
Qty 2 loyalty
Qty 3 gorilla warfare
Qty2 colossal pride
Qty 2 bad reputation
Qty 2 symphony of shots
Qty 1 patriot pride
Qty 1 really bad mother in Law
Qty2 American rider
Qty 2 merica
All Night Long
Breakout
Castaway
Sucker punch
Pig skin
It?s go time
Jaws
Midnight madness
Evil eye
Code blue
Imperial wizard
Freedom fighter
Knockout
Out cold
Black eye
Fat lip
Hole in the wall
Rough guy
Dark knight
FistBump

Case of Excalibur?s

3 Saturn Missiles

esgrillo
05-21-2020, 08:34 PM
Ok thanks, one more question. How many people did you have for set up on show day? Sorry for all the questions learning as I go, kinda.

No problem.

I had 6-7 guys for set up. I actually set up the day before on the 3rd and I prewire as much as possible. I have 3 teams each with a lead at each of my 3 platforms. Just moving product from my garage to the shot site takes at least an hour and the rest of the time is dedicated to field setup

Bad Alibi Scott
05-21-2020, 11:02 PM
Ed, when you set up the day before what precautions do you take for weather. I have thought about setting up some of my display the day before but being in Central NY I worry about moisture from dew and also rain. Maybe not as big a deal in Texas. Just curious.

esgrillo
05-22-2020, 12:13 AM
I tarp all the platforms. It rains every year and I have never had a problem except 2 years ago when we got 3" of rain in a couple of hours the morning of the 4th and the water rose enough to ruin a couple of cakes before I could mitigate it. You can see what I do in the beginning of my last year video.

I have all the plywood sheets sitting on wood pallets so they are off the ground a few inches. The dew has never been a problem for me and I use the paper fuse on some cakes

Rick_In_Tampa
05-22-2020, 04:00 AM
I hate you..... :p

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 02:58 AM
I just limit myself to a grand wholesale which is the same as three grand retail. It is usually about 12 cases. I spent less this year and have 10 cases coming.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:00 AM
Someone bought the warehouse!

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:02 AM
Wheeeeeeeeee! Too bad you live in FL and not WA. It might be worth stopping by.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:03 AM
I did that size an order one year. I had too many left over.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:04 AM
Every Pro show I know about has been cancelled. Backyards will be booming.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:10 AM
im sadly stuck with the all anti Christ of fireworks, there one tent about 3 miles from me about a week before the 4th and then 2 days after so till the 6th of July. but just this last Wednesday the local stores put out the stuff. how ever the brand has good smoke balls for this style and for $2 a box plus tax and 8 smoke ball a box is not bad cost for my area bad. so here are some photos. i got the 3 boxes of smoke balls and the 3 boxes of the morning glories yesterday just to have a fuse to light. ill post a few pics of the display they have in my local target and a a video of it from this year and last year. i also grabbed a fresh new can of MAP gas from home depot too. ill prbley get shot from this post but i dont shop at the real stores and tents. ill only get the stuff from secondary chain stores that has it for cheaper. the YouTube video is last year ( 2019 ). ill have to upload this years setup to YouTube as i haven't had time to upload it yet even though its only like 2 mins long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1z7lbzLHk

Isn't Victory Inc in WI?? Star Spangled Novelties is another TRUE wholesaler in WI.
I would be buying from THEM instead. I buy from Victory but if I was in WI I would
buy from both, SSN will to ship to my state.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:11 AM
I asked my kid to take a pic of my stash and send it to me. The pic doesn't do it justice but, here's what he sent me.

I have to turn my head like an owl.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:13 AM
I saw an average of 10% in the price increases.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:17 AM
Lol, that's my only new item too.

I am adding Neon Skies from Shogun. I would have gotten Ta-dah! if I could. Maybe I will cruise stands for it.
I already have a lot of Neon stuff. I like lots of colors. I never got that when I was a kid. Just the usual colors.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:48 AM
I buy retail either because I could not find it for sale by the case or I just want to buy one to sample it for buying a case. Last year I pick up Red Razzle just to try it. I got a few of Dragon since Victory Inc. does not carry it and I was offered a fair price. I got Hot Take just to try it. Same for Criss Cross and Gen X last year. I got the Evil Eye fan cake, again, because Victory Inc. doe not have it. It I saw Ta-dah! or Street Ride I would snag those up but I always order a wholesale shipment. Victory Inc has no minimum and they treat you with respect unlike those assholes at Jake's. If I was in WI I would probably use SSN too. Being in Misery I can see why you might use S of 76 but they are not a true wholesaler. Their prices are higher. The charge $111.90 vs $73.24 for a true wholesale price on a case of Hydrogen Bomb from brother. That is a 53% markup of a real wholesale price. This is just an example but it hold true across all their prices. I bet you can never guess how much an importer pays for that same case. I have seen import prices. It is real low!!!

Another quick example Amazing Ballet from Winda, $86.70 vs $54.55 to $63 for a true wholesale price. S of 76 is like Red Apple, neither are true wholesale just discount retail.

AquaticPyro
06-01-2020, 03:49 AM
17K of product? Wow, I can't even imagine that, but on the other hand Rick and others were right about this hobby. It's addicting.

To put it in perspective, last 4th of July/7 months ago I shot a one position show in my backyard wired entirely with Visco, with a budget of about $1,200, and all the product was 1.4 at near retail prices. Since then I've joined a club, bought 4 Cobra mods and 2 pyrolamas, shot my first Efired show, and am planning on shooting a fully automated 3 position show in the spring with about 3k worth of wholesale product, much of it being 1.4Pro. And doing this show before a crowd of about 2500 people too. I've also been experimenting with modifications and crewed on my first 1.3 show as well, with plans on crewing on a few more 1.3 shows this year too. When will it stop? :D

If you went to Phantom you could waste that much. I hope the purple menace is not a sponsor.

Robbro097
06-01-2020, 12:53 PM
I haven't purchased anything from them yet but im sure i will at some point but phantom has a wholesale division here in ohio bjalan.com that is a sponser and they have really fair wholesale prices on alot of stuff not the best wholesale prices but not the worst either tho

PyroManiacs
06-01-2020, 01:11 PM
I hope the purple menace is not a sponsor.

They are, but all of us are pretty much past even caring, lol.

esgrillo
06-01-2020, 01:18 PM

Another quick example Amazing Ballet from Winda, $86.70 vs $54.55 to $63 for a true wholesale price. S of 76 is like Red Apple, neither are true wholesale just discount retail.

76's Special order price for Amazing Ballet is $45.45 and an extra 3% of if early ordered

chetubet
06-01-2020, 02:59 PM
The beginning of my 2020 stash. Will update in a couple weeks.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4972&stc=1

Mississippipyro
06-01-2020, 03:23 PM
This is truly my last final 2020 Fireworks Stash video.
lol, or the wife hopes it is anyway
https://youtu.be/XmZ_UUyZn0A

jamisonlm3
06-01-2020, 06:02 PM
I buy retail either because I could not find it for sale by the case or I just want to buy one to sample it for buying a case. Last year I pick up Red Razzle just to try it. I got a few of Dragon since Victory Inc. does not carry it and I was offered a fair price. I got Hot Take just to try it. Same for Criss Cross and Gen X last year. I got the Evil Eye fan cake, again, because Victory Inc. doe not have it. It I saw Ta-dah! or Street Ride I would snag those up but I always order a wholesale shipment. Victory Inc has no minimum and they treat you with respect unlike those assholes at Jake's. If I was in WI I would probably use SSN too. Being in Misery I can see why you might use S of 76 but they are not a true wholesaler. Their prices are higher. The charge $111.90 vs $73.24 for a true wholesale price on a case of Hydrogen Bomb from brother. That is a 53% markup of a real wholesale price. This is just an example but it hold true across all their prices. I bet you can never guess how much an importer pays for that same case. I have seen import prices. It is real low!!!

Another quick example Amazing Ballet from Winda, $86.70 vs $54.55 to $63 for a true wholesale price. S of 76 is like Red Apple, neither are true wholesale just discount retail.If you want a better price from Spirit of 76, you have to spend more. Forum members can get their gold pricing which isn't really that far from SSN. Just signing up on their website will only get you their silver pricing. If you want an even lower price then either, you have to buy even more. You can even get whole containers from them. At that point, I imagine the prices you'd pay per case is pertty close to what you saw. Other wholesalers are similar, but I imagine it depends on their business model. I think we're lucky to have wholesalers that want to do business with us. Most won't even talk to you unless you're buying to sell from a store or stand.

Jay_
06-01-2020, 07:03 PM
The beginning of my 2020 stash. Will update in a couple weeks.

That’s some good stuff right there! Shot some of the orange ones yesterday evening as a matter of fact.

morrison2951
06-02-2020, 09:44 AM
Here's a good start for my scaled down backyard show this year- plan to have much less attendance given the virus circumstances.

BrewcityMike
06-02-2020, 12:26 PM
Very nice.

BrewcityMike
06-02-2020, 12:28 PM
17 cases from Patriotic this week:

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4818&stc=1

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4819&stc=1

In August, we got 11 cases from Patriotic:

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4820&stc=1

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4821&stc=1

So that's 28 cases so far, plus we have three more cases (Shocking Pink cakes, Blue Thunder candles, Fortress Stronghold shells) and also a few dozen assorted shells left over from last year.

"A good start," in other words.

Very nice. Those firehawk cakes-beyond believe, mummy awakes and wrecking fireball are all top notch. Those are 2 of my all time faves for 200g

BrewcityMike
06-02-2020, 12:32 PM
Isn't Victory Inc in WI?? Star Spangled Novelties is another TRUE wholesaler in WI.
I would be buying from THEM instead. I buy from Victory but if I was in WI I would

Yeah I live in Milwaukee and my order (11 cases) is getting shipped from Star Spangled Novelties tomorrow to me for $62. They have the LOWEST wholesale prices you will find-by a good margin in many cases and no minimum order. You could make a nice amature show with 2 of their Z-Packs. Trust me check them out. Plus is you don't mind driving to the Wausau area you can pick it up for free

BrewcityMike
06-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Well this was my biggest year by far. I topped my previous retail budget maximum of $600 and did around $3500 in wholesale and with the plug for some 1/1s (which I will certainly be doing wholesale next year if I can) cuz they ain't cheap on the retail side and next year everything is probably gonna be more expensive due to the effort required to import during all the world and US/China issues but hopefully things will be smoothed out by next year. Any way I did about $1500 wholesale and then about $2k on the "good shit". Here's a few pics of what I have so far. This was a small order from American Wholesale and my first order from the plug. My bigger 10 case order should be arriving this afternoon so I'll post more pis and an update once it arrives. And you'll have to excuse the pics cuz my phone is like 6 yrs old and doesn't even have a light/flash and my living room gets no driect sunlight either and they're in the corner behind the couch so they're kinda dark
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4982&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4983&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4984&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4985&stc=1

Jay_
06-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Very nice Mike! Some of those products are in my stash as well! Digging that SD...I don’t have any yet, but plan on picking up a pair. Gonna be a boomin 4th for you!

Crush630
06-03-2020, 04:29 PM
I like the sock covering the label LOL

Jabez
06-05-2020, 03:21 PM
We scaled down this year but still really looking forward to the 4th
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4991&stc=1

chetubet
06-06-2020, 08:02 PM
My 2020 stash coming together...
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4993&stc=1

hatsgoods
06-07-2020, 12:26 AM
Isn't Victory Inc in WI?? Star Spangled Novelties is another TRUE wholesaler ol in WI.

yes victory is but is about 2.5 hours to 3 hours drive each way and my township being the state capitol only allows ground based safe and sane and no permits so i have to go out of town for anything.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-07-2020, 12:33 AM
Just dissected a zipper cake that didn't fire during last years show. The initiator did it's job, but the quickmatch lead wasn't sufficiently attached so it never ignited.

A lot of the "pro" effects I buy now have QM leads. I found a few that were zip-tied to air already this year. So if you buy the same type of stuff, do yourself a favor and make sure those QM connections are secure!

Birdman
06-08-2020, 08:13 PM
This my stash for my 4th show. I have a smaller stash set aside for fun/testing. I'm also redoing my halloween show from last year for a family picnic we're having in couple of weeks which consists of about 8 cakes which will serve as my first real test scripting a show with my new cobra system.

Next year's budget should allow for a much bigger stash. This years budget mostly went to hardware.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4996&stc=1

Berserker23
06-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Nice stash good cakes the cobra system is definitely worth it in the long run

rfgonzo
06-08-2020, 10:24 PM
Love Gorilla Warfare probably my favorite cake to shoot off a case at a time all spread out about 50 feet apart. Good choice!

Rick_In_Tampa
06-09-2020, 04:53 AM
Very nice Birdman! You're going to definitely wake up the neighbors with that.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-12-2020, 02:16 AM
Finally got everything pre-wired. Only 10 crates of mortars left to build. Going to be building the boards Saturday. Cobra mods are charged and I'll be testing the script this week. It finally feels like it's coming together!!

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5012&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5013&stc=1

Rick_In_Tampa
06-12-2020, 02:18 AM
Finally got everything pre-wired. Only 10 crates of mortars left to build. Going to be building the boards Saturday. Cobra mods are charged and I'll be testing the script this week. It finally feels like it's coming together!!

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5012&stc=1

Not much wiggle room

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5013&stc=1

Rocketshooter
06-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Skydancer is an excellent fan cake Birdman.

chetubet
06-12-2020, 03:37 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5014&stc=1;) :d :d

Birdman
06-12-2020, 04:26 PM
Skydancer is an excellent fan cake Birdman.

I've only seen videos but it looks like good in those. I'm poking each slice of my fan cakes so I can fire them at my own timing but each will still be fired in sequence. If anyone has had any issues doing this with either Sky Dancer or fist of fury please let me know. The last time I poked a cake I wasn't sure it would fire because I couldn't feel any lift powder like I do in other cakes. But it did fire just fine. However the timing was way off from videos so that's why I'm firing each slice separately this time. I'll be doing all of my poking this weekend so we shall see....

ttam23
06-13-2020, 12:34 AM

spirit of 76 is indeed a true wholesaler . The reason that you seeing higher prices is because your not buying enough to get there better prices. At the $7000 plus level there prices are some of the lowest among wholesalers

ttam23
06-13-2020, 01:23 AM
Yeah I live in Milwaukee and my order (11 cases) is getting shipped from Star Spangled Novelties tomorrow to me for $62. They have the LOWEST wholesale prices you will find-by a good margin in many cases and no minimum order. You could make a nice amature show with 2 of their Z-Packs. Trust me check them out. Plus is you don't mind driving to the Wausau area you can pick it up for free

Star Spangled Novelties dose not have the lowest wholesale prices, at least by there price list that is on line . Off the top of my head I can think of 7 wholesalers that offer lower prices , but I think prices should not be shared on online forms and is a private matter between the wholesaler and the customer

jamisonlm3
06-13-2020, 02:29 AM
Do your 7 other wholesalers sell their product to anyone with no minium orders?

bingsbaits
06-13-2020, 10:27 AM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5016&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5017&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5018&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5019&stc=1

First year E-fireing..

Mississippipyro
06-13-2020, 05:42 PM
My setup work is about half completed, waiting on one order to arrive.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5020&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5021&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5022&stc=1

Rick_In_Tampa
06-13-2020, 11:54 PM
Very nice!

rer07
06-15-2020, 05:15 AM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5023&stc=1

2 cases of tannerite willows and 1 case of tannerite m-25 100 shot air burst not pictured.

minute_man777
07-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Just got my stash finished for the 4th! Excited to shoot off girondolas for the first time and to use a torch. All thanks to Dave the rest of the forum.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5116&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5117&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5118&stc=1

Jay_
07-01-2020, 02:04 PM
Just got my stash finished for the 4th! Excited to shoot off girondolas for the first time and to use a torch. All thanks to Dave the rest of the forum.

I spy some bangers in there. Gonna be a nice 4th at your place :)

Jerseyworks
07-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Newbie here who has been following for awhile and have admired everyone's stashes, some of them are epic. I've been randomly adding to my collection over the last two years (nothing compared to what you all have)started with small stuff and slowly got bigger stuff and never really had the chance to shoot anything off, usually traveling 4th of July week. So this year I have a chance but have a limited window to shoot due to various reasons, neighbors, etc. I'm thinking I can shoot a sleeve of 6 shells or maybe a cake or two, maybe more. Attached is what I have, do I use one of the separate 6 packs and keep the others whole? Or go with a cake? Not sure if what I have is good as it's mostly random pickups. Appreciate any opinions.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5126&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5127&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5128&stc=1

fireworkguy98
07-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Very Excited For The 4th!!! :cool:

BeerGuyEd
07-02-2020, 10:00 PM
I’m so excited to shoot this all off. I’m all setup and ready to go now.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5133&stc=1

Rick_In_Tampa
07-03-2020, 08:10 AM
You might have some trouble getting that young man to light (they're pretty fast!) but it looks like you have a nice show in the making right there!

Have a safe and fun 4th!!

Berserker23
07-04-2020, 02:20 PM
My 2020 stash ready to go

Robbro097
07-05-2020, 01:57 AM
Unfortunately i forgot to get close pictures i wanted to take some at a distance then close up but after phone went back in my pocket i went back to work on show n forgot. Was my 1st pyromusical just 1 song had planned on doing a reg caje show b4 but haven't had any rain in 2 weeks and was bone dry so i shor5144tened it. Good new iv got plenty product left for later in year.5144