PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Pittsburgh, PA

PyroJirb
02-13-2020, 12:37 PM
Long time fireworks enthusiast aka pyro addict! Have recently started collecting vintage fireworks as well.
Found this forum from watching Dave's videos (Big fan). Happy to see so many like minded people in one place!!

PyroJoeNEPA
02-13-2020, 05:37 PM
Welcome to Pyro Talk. You will find that there are a LOT of Pyros here in PA. Tons of info on the site and lots of friendly people.

joewad
02-13-2020, 05:41 PM
Welcome aboard and good luck. I'm beginning to think their's something in the water over there in PA regarding fireworks

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4766&stc=1

PyroJirb
02-13-2020, 06:00 PM
joewad, I think it was the frustration of being a safe and sane state for so long! Now we're coming out the woodwork, lol.

jknepp1954
02-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Pyrojirb - welcome to pyrotalk!
What part of PA are you located? Ifyou get a chance stop by our store in Central Pa. - Kneppy's

PyroJirb
02-13-2020, 08:53 PM
Jknepp1954 - just south of Pittsburgh. But I saw the store tour that Pyro Dave did a few years back and will definitely try to make a stop this year. Family owned stores are always the best.

displayfireworks1
02-13-2020, 09:04 PM
Thanks for following my videos. I just received an email about collecting old firecrackers and how to get started. Not sure if that was you or not. The annual PGI convention is usually the place to purchase these old firecrackers. Problem is if you fly to the location there is no way to bring them home. Occasionally someone at fireworks clubs is selling old firecrackers.

PyroJirb
02-13-2020, 09:12 PM
Hi Dave, that wasn’t me but always looking for tips and advice! The PGI convention is on my bucket list but always seems to be out west. And yes, that would be a long drive.

ShorePyroTom
02-13-2020, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. I think it's awesome that you are collecting old fireworks. I guess you can be called a Pyro historian!

Fire Art
02-14-2020, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum. Not far away from you. Shop is in Clearfield, live near Johnstown and get out your way frequently. I come across some old suff from time to time. Hit me up. -Al

PyroJirb
02-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Thanks Al, hopefully can make it out your way this spring! Thanks for the info!

Rick_In_Tampa
02-16-2020, 07:10 AM
Hi Dave, that wasn?t me but always looking for tips and advice! The PGI convention is on my bucket list but always seems to be out west. And yes, that would be a long drive.

Welcome aboard PyroJirb! This year PGI is back in Fargo, but next year it's going to be in Wisconsin. Probably as close to Pa as it's ever going to get again since Butler has gone by the wayside.